Vegas over under for Orioles wins 76.5

Ibanezsondajuice

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a division where two of the largest metropolitan areas are represented, do you think it odd that the over would be higher for Yankees and Red Sox than it would be for a team that does not have that level of population gambling on them? Do you find it odd that many bettors would chase the team that did spend the most in the off-season (Toronto). I am somewhat surprised at the support for Tampa though. Does anyone have some insight there?

Smart gamblers will focus on undervalued success. After CC and co. left TB the other year, the media started saying their goodbye's to their unpredicted success (sound familiar : ) . IMO, Vegas learned their lesson when it comes to TB. Anyone have last years over/under comparison?

New York Yankees 93.5

Philadelphia Phillies 92.5/93

Los Angeles Angels 92.5

Detroit Tigers 92.5

Texas Rangers 91.5

Boston Red Sox 89.5

San Francisco Giants 87.5

Atlanta Braves 87.5/87

Tampa Bay Rays 87

Cincinnati Reds 86.5

Cleveland Indians 86.5

Arizona Diamondbacks 86

Miami Marlins 84.5

Milwaukee Brewers 83.5

Washington Nationals 82.5/84.5

St. Louis Cardinals 82.5/83

Colorado Rockies 82/81

Los Angeles Dodgers 81

Kansas City Royals 80.5

Toronto Blue Jays 80

Minnesota Twins 75/73

Chicago Cubs 74.5

Chicago White Sox 74

San Diego Padres 73.5

Pittsburgh Pirates 73

Seattle Mariners 72

Oakland A’s 71

New York Mets 70.5

Baltimore Orioles 69.5

Houston Astros 64.5/64

I wonder how many people took the under on Houston in 2012. If you believe in the 54-54-54 idea, Houston went 1-53 in that middle 54.

Yeah-that is the first team I looked at-with Texas, Angels and an improved Seattle, ouch. Houston ownership is worst in baseball.

Yeah-that is the first team I looked at-with Texas, Angels and an improved Seattle, ouch. Houston ownership is worst in baseball.

They're rebuilding. Spending money just to put a team out there that will win 65 games instead 55 is pointless. The only reason they keep trading away salary is to bring in more talent.

They're rebuilding. Spending money just to put a team out there that will win 65 games instead 55 is pointless. The only reason they keep trading away salary is to bring in more talent.

Oh, I agree but their ownership is really bad regardless of that. Have you been to their spring training facility? It has the same feeling as a morgue:)

Archived