vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/23

OFFNY

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Strop was absolutely horrible, this inning is on Patton. How do you walk the worse hitter in the major leagues with two outs? Then walk the next guy so Strop has to come in? I don't know how much longer the Orioles can continue to have Patton and Strop in the pen. They are terrible right now.

On 2 different occasions when I was in the Yankee Stadium bleachers, I had cake and beer thrown at me, respectively.

Both times, all of the Yankee fans cheered when the culprit was ejected by the usher. :cool:

Do you think they were cheering that he was ejected or cheering in support of the fan? I'd say the latter.

Trade/demote Patton (does he have options?) and release Strop, these two guys walk too many batters to be effective and they are liabilities. Relievers vary so much from season to season, Strop's first half last year was likely a fluke run. Toss him and give Arrieta a look, I am confident he would be effective in Strop's current role.

Do you think they were cheering that he was ejected or cheering in support of the fan? I'd say the latter.

No, they were definitely cheering the ejection. I could tell, and several of the people around me told me so, as well (they were annoyed with the culprit, too.)

Although Strop was absolutely horrible, this inning is on Patton. How do you walk the worse hitter in the major leagues with two outs? Then walk the next guy so Strop has to come in? I don't know how much longer the Orioles can continue to have Patton and Strop in the pen. They are terrible right now.

Amen. Amen.

Archived