Get Strop off of this roster

Why_Knott?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to do with either of them but Patton and Strop have both been awful this year.

I don't know what the O's should do, and I'm not positive we have any better internal options anyway, but I'm not sure I want to lose either of these guys entirely as much as I wish we could send either down, which we can't.

When Chen gets back, if he is still looking respectable and both Patton and Strop are pitching poorly, perhaps Garcia can be moved to the pen at the expense of one or the either.

I'd probably, at this point, rather say good bye to Patton before Strop but whatever. I'd rather just have both of them just get their crap together. :D

Just release him. Sticking with a headcase who has zero concept of pitching and only knows throwing as hard as he can rarely if ever works out no matter how good their raw stuff is.

His implosion started at the end of last year (so blaming the WBC is a cop out) and has shown zero signs of getting back on track. Even tonight he was out on the mound screaming like a madman.

These D.Cab/Marmol/Strop/Sarfate types are never long term solutions only short term flukes. Organization needs to acknowledge that and move on.

(and to think we could have had Koji for ~$4M)

I would say something about the amount of *****ing that seems to happen every time he gives up a run, or have bad outing which can be tiring.

I'm starting to think it time to send him to AAA to figure things out. Patton need to go with him.

I was going to post a thread titled: Patton and Strop - A Lethal Combination - To Winning!

He is horrible. Has no control with that stupid cockeyed hat of his and his other antics. What a jerk.

I agree. Maybe if he would put his hat on straight he would stop falling off to the left side of the mound and start throwing strikes that aren't in the middle of the plate on favorable counts to the hitter! :rolleyestf:

It has always been easy to fall back on "he was so good the first 3/4 or last year." But now we are getting to the point where trainwreck Strop has been with us nearly as long as great setup guy Strop was last year. And there seems to be no middle ground; it's one or the other. The WBC gave some proof that good Strop is still in there somewhere, but there has been no evidence of it this season.

Just release him. Sticking with a headcase who has zero concept of pitching and only knows throwing as hard as he can rarely if ever works out no matter how good their raw stuff is.

His implosion started at the end of last year (so blaming the WBC is a cop out) and has shown zero signs of getting back on track. Even tonight he was out on the mound screaming like a madman.

These D.Cab/Marmol/Strop/Sarfate types are never long term solutions only short term flukes. Organization needs to acknowledge that and move on.

(and to think we could have had Koji for ~$4M)

I know that Strop has been awful so far this year and I'm just as frustrated with his performance as anyone but, is the bolded part accurate. He doesn't seem to be any sort of head case at all. He seems like a great teammate and very genuinely good person (relative to athletes of course). Or do you just mean that he doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure? Not sure I agree with that either. I just think he can't throw strikes.

He has too much talent to cut. Put him in Kevin Greggs role. Let him try to find himself when it doesn't kill the team. He has no business being used in games that aren't already decided imo and buck has cost us two games by not recognizing this.

Strop is emotional on the mound. When things go bad you can see it and it seems like he loses his composure.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EewT0T12xF4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Something like this.

Archived