Do the Orioles give Rivera a retirement gift?

Mr Snuffleupagus

Should the O's organization get Mariano a retirement gift?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's organization get Mariano a retirement gift?

• Yeah. Get that guy something nice
    • No. Orioles don't buy retirement gifts for Yankee's

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is pretty much how I feel. The O's don't have some obligation to gift every good player who retires.

We're not talking about a "good" player retiring. We are talking about not only the best closer of all time but also a real class act. Maybe that's a lesson you and blid need to learn.

• 2 months later...

I didn't take part in this conversation before the bump, but I hope we show class and do something. Whether he becomes a unanimous first-ballot hall-of-famer (never going to happen) or he's voted in on the 15th time he's on the ballot (also not happening, but just covering the spectrum) he's a hall-of-famer and a player that showed dignity and class even when many of his teammates did not.

Guest rochester
I didn't take part in this conversation before the bump, but I hope we show class and do something. Whether he becomes a unanimous first-ballot hall-of-famer (never going to happen) or he's voted in on the 15th time he's on the ballot (also not happening, but just covering the spectrum) he's a hall-of-famer and a player that showed dignity and class even when many of his teammates did not.

Why don't you think he will be a HOFer?

Here's your present Mo

<iframe src='http://wapc.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=28692597&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Let's hope the O's are still in the giving mood.

Archived