Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly, Manny dislocated his patella when he was in the minors. Didn't see this injury, but it can look pretty severe when it happens but is fairly easy to treat (I'm an ER doc and have replaced several). Typically a lot more painful than your acl/pcl tears, which tend to be more a stability issue than horrifyingly painful.

Edit: not saying that's what this is, it's just an optimistic possibility.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I was watching live. It looks like a break of some sort. In any event, it literally brought tears to my eyes. I feel bad for the kid. Devastating. Win or lose, this puts things into perspective. We can complain about these guys slumping, but in the end they are people, and I pray that Manny is okay.

You guys should have seen the looks on his teammates faces, especially BRob. Heartbreaking man!

I hate it. I love this kid. My 10 year old loves him too...the same age Ripken became my favorite player. I was so happy to see her latch on to a player and start to watch games. I hope it's not as bad as it looks.

If I remember correctly, Manny dislocated his patella when he was in the minors. Didn't see this injury, but it can look pretty severe when it happens but is fairly easy to treat (I'm an ER doc and have replaced several). Typically a lot more painful than your acl/pcl tears, which tend to be more a stability issue than horrifyingly painful.

Edit: not saying that's what this is, it's just an optimistic possibility.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

If it is that, what does it mean that it's happened twice? Can't be that common is it?

<iframe src='http://wapc.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=30871619&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Man this look's so bad.

Ouch. Didn't see it live, but that looks a lot like an ACL/MCL tear. What an absolute shame, but Manny's gonna be alright.

This was different from Davis hurting his leg earlier in the year running hard to 1b to beat out a throw. Manny was kind of pulling up and wasn't going full speed. It was kind of a routine play. When players are tired and over worked they tend to have freak injuries more. See Kobe's achilles injury. I blame Buck.

I can't even think how an hopefully intelligent adult would even think that.

Archived