Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. But if that's right, someone as young as Manny could be back in 6-7 months (March-April 2014).

Originally, bases were marked with posts, which were changed to bags to reduce injuries. Why not make the bases flat, white, rubbery squares dug into the ground like home plate? No more jammed wrists, fingers and ankles sliding into the bag, and no torn ACLs when hitting the base.

If the bases were flat, how could you steal bases or slide into them? There would be nothing to stop them from sliding past them.

That does look absolutely horrible. Only bright side I can think of, if it is something that was going to happen one day regardless, better at the end of a season with no playoff hopes than any other.....I guess.

Hope his youth help with any recovery.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 35s

BREAKING: Orioles to seal Hunter Harvey in a ginormous plastic bubble

I hate Law sometimes.

I laughed.

He'll be fine. Anyone see Marcus Lattimore's knee injury? One of the worst you'll ever see, and he might be back playing football within about a year of the injury.

This was different from Davis hurting his leg earlier in the year running hard to 1b to beat out a throw. Manny was kind of pulling up and wasn't going full speed. It was kind of a routine play. When players are tired and over worked they tend to have freak injuries more. See Kobe's achilles injury. I blame Buck.

Archived