Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

This was different from Davis hurting his leg earlier in the year running hard to 1b to beat out a throw. Manny was kind of pulling up and wasn't going full speed. It was kind of a routine play. When players are tired and over worked they tend to have freak injuries more. See Kobe's achilles injury. I blame Buck.

I blame the cleat he caught. Oh, wait, did Buck plan that?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was different from Davis hurting his leg earlier in the year running hard to 1b to beat out a throw. Manny was kind of pulling up and wasn't going full speed. It was kind of a routine play. When players are tired and over worked they tend to have freak injuries more. See Kobe's achilles injury. I blame Buck.

I hope you are being sarcastic. Betemit injured his knee in Spring Training.

Another country heard from

analyzeThis.gif

I tore my left ACL, badly, had surgery (they harvested a piece of my hamstring and used that to replace the ligament; also had microfracture for some previous meniscus damage). Started PT 2 weeks after and was running (straight line, no cutting) in 3 months. Admittedly, I'm no world class athlete like Manny and didn't push my knee to the limits he does, but I was also 47 at the time, so if it is a torn ACL, there's hope he could be back sooner than some people fear; all depends on the extent of the damage.

Just saw the picture in this thread of him in a strectcher. I am no doctor but I don't think I have ever seen someone have carted off on a stretcher for an acl/mcl. It also looked like it was in some kind of temperary cast. Makes me think something is broken. Could be a tear also i guess. If it has to be something a break is easier to come back from then an tear.

Just saw the picture in this thread of him in a strectcher. I am no doctor but I don't think I have ever seen someone have carted off on a stretcher for an acl/mcl. It also looked like it was in some kind of temperary cast. Makes me think something is broken. Could be a tear also i guess. If it has to be something a break is easier to come back from then an tear.

The way he was taken off the field worries me as well. I hate to speculate, but it could be a lot worse than an ACL. I don't even care about wins and losses right now, I just feel so bad for Manny and I hope it was not as bad as it looked.

Yeah, we've seen nfl players walk off the field with blown ACL's - including Lardarius Webb. I haven't seen it, but it sounds bad.

One thing though - remember Roberts' gruesome elbow dislocation? He was fine in the spring. Point being maybe it's not as bad as it looks.

Archived