Roch's latest: Roberts deal pulled?

bigbird

So Chicago reports that Angelos pulled it and everyone on our side said that didn't happen.

So we still have no idea what the hell is going on? Got it.

I still think Roberts ends up a Cub.

Correction my friend....One person on our side did say it was pulled!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bigbird, amazing how you quote only the parts of Roch's blog that support your argument and totally ignore his comment that "everyone" he talked to that would "know" the truth said that this rumor was "nonsense." Next time, you might quote the whole thing in context.

He did highlight that part, Get off his back. He is just reporting the facts

I am assuming you are referring to this post Peace:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57590

If this is true, then AM should tell Pete to kiss is rear end. Until things are proved otherwise, I have to assume it is the same ol', same ol' at the warehouse.

But Roch is saying the reports are only coming from the Cubs side and no one from the O's side. In addition, he said BRob and his agent were not informed of a done deal. You'd think the highest profile guy in the trade would be informed first. It seems many on the Cubs side just assumed a done deal when it probably wasnt done.

Correction my friend....One person on our side did say it was pulled!
Ok, so people in Chicago said Angelos vetoed, others are saying talks are still going on, one person in Baltimore said Angelos vetoed, and everybody else in Baltimore said its a bunch of crap.

So essentially, we still have no idea what's going on.

I still think Roberts ends up a Cub.

But Roch is saying the reports are only coming from the Cubs side and no one from the O's side. In addition, he said BRob and his agent were not informed of a done deal. You'd think the highest profile guy in the trade would be informed first. It seems many on the Cubs side just assumed a done deal when it probably wasnt done.

That part is very true.

Bigbird, amazing how you quote only the parts of Roch's blog that support your argument and totally ignore his comment that "everyone" he talked to that would "know" the truth said that this rumor was "nonsense." Next time, you might quote the whole thing in context.

I'm not sure what you are saying. That line is in the quote. He didn't put quotes around it, but the first post is a quote.

So are you in the line of thought that Connolly is being fed a spoonful of ****?

Because he was adament in his insistence that a Roberts deal never made it to PGA.

Hank, Do you honestly think the front office is going to the the beat writer exactly what happeded if the deal was nixed? I agree who knows exactly what happened but you have to admit the stars are lining up that PGA had some involvement.

We all have our point of view and opinion on what happened to the Roberts deal. Truthfully, none of us might ever find out what happened. What we need to agree on is that if the rebuilding project does not continue prior to spring training, then how long is the rebuilding going to take? 5, 6, 7 years? We need to trade one of our big chips, Bedard or Roberts, by next week. If we field a team with the current roster plus some free agent fill ins, then expect less fans at the ball park. Expect this team to win 60 games and finish in 5th. Expect it to be the same for 2009 and 2010.

Now, if they trade one of these guys by next week for some high end prospects or ML ready players, then we have something to be excited about and this thread will be meaningless.

Archived