Roch's latest: Roberts deal pulled?

bigbird

In the "Mac on XM" thread, a poster says that the only trade he claims to have presented to PGA was the Tejada deal. He does say that PGA has the right to veto any deal, though. :(

The interview should be back on at 11:40 or so, so I'll try to catch it too.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oriofan8

On the "MacPhail on XM" thread currently on the board...AM states that he on took one deal to PA, and that was the Tejada deal.

Hank, Do you honestly think the front office is going to the the beat writer exactly what happeded if the deal was nixed? I agree who knows exactly what happened but you have to admit the stars are lining up that PGA had some involvement.

Right, all I'm saying is that nobody knows anything definitively.

And you're right there is definitely precedent here. I'm not saying it doesn't concern me, but I don't look at Connolly as some PGA apologist. Conflicting reports generally don't lead to clarity.

By saying it's nonsense THEN explaining the situation, Roch seems to contridict himself. I read at at least a fifth-grade level and I'm still not sure I really understand what he's saying.

He's disclosing the fact that there are reports from CHI saying that PGA killed the deal.

However, he's also telling us that his trusted sources deny that.

Right, all I'm saying is that nobody knows anything definitively.

And you're right there is definitely precedent here. I'm not saying it doesn't concern me, but I don't look at Connolly as some PGA apologist. Conflicting reports generally don't lead to clarity.

Connley writes what's is reported to him by the front office. That's all I'm saying.

Originally Posted by Peace21

In my opinion Erik Bedard still gets traded, dont know when though.[

=bigbird;1168158]This is my opinion also...

I think we all agree it should happen prior to the end of this month. Hopefully it will. Otherwise you risk Bedard not pitching as well, getting hurt, etc.

Archived