Roch's latest: Roberts deal pulled?

bigbird

I’m told there are reports coming out of Chicago that Orioles owner Peter Angelos vetoed a trade that would have sent Brian Roberts to the Cubs. But everyone I’ve spoken with who would know say that’s nonsense.

Just to recap: Angelos supposedly gave his approval -- paperwork was submitted that finalized the deal, players on the Cubs’ side were contacted by their agents -- and then Angelos suddenly changed his mind and killed the deal. And Roberts and his agent knew nothing about any of this.

-------------------------------

;)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m told there are reports coming out of Chicago that Orioles owner Peter Angelos vetoed a trade that would have sent Brian Roberts to the Cubs. But everyone I’ve spoken with who would know say that’s nonsense.

Just to recap: Angelos supposedly gave his approval -- paperwork was submitted that finalized the deal, players on the Cubs’ side were contacted by their agents -- and then Angelos suddenly changed his mind and killed the deal. And Roberts and his agent knew nothing about any of this.

-------------------------------

;)

Thanks BB. Bottom line- I do not care if Angelos did or did not nix the deal. What I care about is that the O's make a move by next Wednesday to trade Bedard and/or Roberts to rebuild this club. If that does not happen and we go into the regular season with really no rebuilding, then I will voice my displeasure by not going to the games. Pete can nix all the deals he wants, he is the owner, but he will see a crap load of green seats this year.

I know one thing, I don't know who is right or who is to blame, but I am sick of this crap.

This is the bed that Angelos has made and now he's got to sleep in it. It's his own doing.

If he hadn't made such horrible decisions over the past ten years then people would be willing to believe the best.

Hence my thread yesterday

Aha! Thanks for putting 2 and 2 together for us. I wondered why you had such a quick change of heart.

In your opinion Peace, is there any hope that AM can still pull off trades for Roberts and/or Bedard before spring training? What odds would you give it?

I figured that. But how is this AM's fault?

AM has always been known throughout baseball to be slow and deliberate when it comes to trades. Which is not a bad characteristic. However, add that to PA being slow and thinking he knows more then his baseball people then you have a slow, deliberate team that wastes other FO's time and nothing gets done except talk!

Bigbird, amazing how you quote only the parts of Roch's blog that support your argument and totally ignore his comment that "everyone" he talked to that would "know" the truth said that this rumor was "nonsense." Next time, you might quote the whole thing in context.

Archived