Monica Pence Barlow RIP

Greg

It's probably not appropriate to post something like this, in this forum. But here goes.

We have autistic 4-year-old triplets, Life has been a challenge to say the least. Someone today took kindness upon us. It involves a flat tire, a Honda Odyssey, and a whole bunch of details which know one needs to be bored with.

It got me thinking about the the other kindnesses extended our way, and I couldn't help but think of Monica. Earlier in this thread, years ago, i detailed the remarkable graciousness she extended to our family. Asking her whether 4-month triplets could even be allowed in Camden Yards to me seemed an open invitation from her of "Are you crazy?" Instead, I received graciousness. Not only did she make sure we could be in Camden Yards, but she put us up in a suite. Do the kids remember it? I'm guessing not. Does a father remember it? You better believe it.

It's 2016, four years later, and I've never, ever forgotten that moment. What a class act she was, what a class act the Orioles were.

I just don't want people to forget how special she was.

Again, I shouldn't be posting this, and the mods should feel free to move this (or me) to a more appropriate place.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably not appropriate to post something like this, in this forum. But here goes.

We have autistic 4-year-old triplets, Life has been a challenge to say the least. Someone today took kindness upon us. It involves a flat tire, a Honda Odyssey, and a whole bunch of details which know one needs to be bored with.

It got me thinking about the the other kindnesses extended our way, and I couldn't help but think of Monica. Earlier in this thread, years ago, i detailed the remarkable graciousness she extended to our family. Asking her whether 4-month triplets could even be allowed in Camden Yards to me seemed an open invitation from her of "Are you crazy?" Instead, I received graciousness. Not only did she make sure we could be in Camden Yards, but she put us up in a suite. Do the kids remember it? I'm guessing not. Does a father remember it? You better believe it.

It's 2016, four years later, and I've never, ever forgotten that moment. What a class act she was, what a class act the Orioles were.

I just don't want people to forget how special she was.

Again, I shouldn't be posting this, and the mods should feel free to move this (or me) to a more appropriate place.

This is the perfect place to put that. You made my night buddy. Thanks

Archived