Monica Pence Barlow RIP

Greg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

(SEPTEMBER 2nd)

Before tonight's game, the Reds put a rose above Monica Barlow's plaque.

They also said:

"Good luck in tonight's game between Monica Barlow's Orioles and the Cincinnati Reds."

That's awesome. Do you know who from The Reds placed the rose?

o

(SEPTEMBER 2nd)

They also said:

"Good luck in tonight's game between Monica Barlow's Orioles and the Cincinnati Reds."

I'm not sure who actually placed the rose there.

I just heard Gary Thorne talking about it during tonight's game in between innings, and a couple of posters clarified what the Reds did.

I'm not sure who actually placed the rose there.

I just heard Gary Thorne talking about it during tonight's game in between innings, and a couple of posters clarified what the Reds did.

This was their first chance to honor her, I respect them for doing it even bough it took almost all season. Very classy.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/09/leftovers-for-breakfast-27.html

Of all the mental snapshots that I'll carry with me from the 2014 season, none will be more cherished than the single red rose in a vase that Reds PR director Rob Butcher left in the Camden Yards press box last night.

He placed it above Monica Barlow's plaque.

• 2 weeks later...
o

(SEPTEMBER 2nd)

They also said:

Hank Scorpio's thread reminded me of this (thanks, Hank.)

14 days later, the Orioles clinched the A.L. East.

Also ......

EXACTLY 200 days after Barlow died, the Orioles clinched the A.L. East title.

One of Roch's better pieces. A lot of character guys in our locker room - very, very pleased with that. AM had some quote regarding putting character guys on his teams and I think that may have been shot down with folks just wanting winners. DD has done the same and Buck doesn't seem to have much stomach for anyone lacking in this regard.

Character guys have accountability, put in effort, have each other's backs, ....

Not bashing all Blue Jays, but that team is just rolling over right now, waiting for the season to end and get out of there.

o

"We're only $15,000 away from the $100,000 event goal, help us get there!"

Ben Barlow

https://twitter.com/bensb34/status/512963717827661824

WELCOME TO TEAM BARLOW:

http://events.lungevity.org/site/TR?px=1637248&fr_id=4610&pg=personal

We're walking with Team Amicci's tomorrow. Then sitting in section 308 for my last REGULAR season game of the year.

Just got home from the Monica Barlow Lungevity walk. Good time. Estimated 1000 people there to walk for lung cancer. 5 laps outside the stadium and then one lap around the warning track. Then there was a presentation on Lungevity and lung cancer awareness. Monica's family and husband wee there, along with Jim Hunter, the Bird, Buck and Angela, Nick and his wife, Darren O' Day, Roch, Brit, and some other media members. We raised over $100,000 for lung cancer. Last year they raised $24K. You tell me what Monica meant to this community!!!

Wish some of you could have made it out.

Archived