Monica Pence Barlow RIP

Greg

No he didn't. This has been discussed. When the Orioles went from co-GM's to a single GM, they cleared an office. So DD didn't have two offices.

Yeah I never really got all of the outcry over that little tidbit. It was totally without context from the get go. Even if he had "kicked" DD out of his office, how do we know that DD didn't get some much better office? People acted like PA took his office and DD was setting up shop in the broom closet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Oo

Last night, the Red Sox held a moment of silence before the game for former Orioles public relations director Monica Pence Barlow. Her photo appeared on the video board in center field

Oo

monica.png

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/04/markakis-ties-palmeiro-and-scores-games-first-run.html

I'm happy about that. The boys really loved her. They did. It was like a teammate dying to them.

Yeah I never really got all of the outcry over that little tidbit. It was totally without context from the get go. Even if he had "kicked" DD out of his office, how do we know that DD didn't get some much better office? People acted like PA took his office and DD was setting up shop in the broom closet.

Schmuck took it out of context and used it as evidence that all the gains of the last three years of Orioles organizational growth had been undone. Of course this was still while everyone was waiting for Peter to spend the money that he eventually did.

Colin Burch is the P.R. director for the Red Sox (the same position as Monica was for the Orioles.) He's a real good guy, and has ties to Baltimore. He and Monica were friends, and this was a very nice tribute. It makes disliking the Red Sox a little harder.

COLIN BURCH

Oo

monica.png

Colin Burch is the PR director for the Sox (same position as Monica was for the Orioles). He's a real good guy and has ties to Baltimore. He and Monica were friends and this was a very nice tribute. It makes disliking the Red Sox a little harder.

No. It makes disliking Colin Burch a bit tougher. Not the Sox.

No. It makes disliking Colin Burch a bit tougher. Not the Sox.

Exactly. I was thinking about this and when people say it was a "classy move by the Red Sox" some people automatically assume the players are the ones who are classy. I know I did when I first read it (for about 1.2 seconds before I realized).

It was very, very nice by the Red Sox PR and upper mgmt. to do that, and by those fans in the stands who were silent.

Archived