vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22

OFFNY

A little over the top. A three-run lead to the Blue Jays is certainly not anything to feel safe about. The loss stinks, but the bullpen is starting to show signs of being overused due to the fact that our starters keep going less than six innings.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 110%

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meek had nothing from the get go. He was 88-90 with no command. His cutter was barely moving and he was up in the zone. I knew he was a disaster waiting to happen after his first batter. Stinson's stuff has taken a step back this year. His velocity is down and his slider is not as sharp. He looks like a AAA guy this year and nothing like the 92-94 MPH guy we saw last fall.

If I'm not mistaken, Meek has had other appearances this year where he was mainly 88-90. I really think he expected to get strike calls on some of the pitches in the walk, didn't, and then he had to pitch to--or avoid--a tiny strike zone.

Stinson still has good pitches, but has lost consistency.

What about the diving stop/great play earlier in the game? You are going to mention his error but not a great defensive play? That seems kind of selective memory to me...

Sorry--Must have missed that. There was one inning (around the 6th or 7th) I lost the feed. My apologies to Steve and OrioleMagic79!

A win tomorrow with Tillman on the mound would bring us back to .500.

Treading water after 19/20 games.

Even though it was extremely early, I admit I was a bit nervous when we were 1-4 after our first 5 games.

We're going to have to assert ourselves sometime this season, though.

In baseball, it gets late early sometimes.

Tough loss. Get em tomorrow. Missing Machado, Hardy, AND Wieters tonight. Simply have to be better in all aspects of the game. Jones and Davis have given this team nothing compared to what they should be doing.

Clevenger was fine--he wasn't the problem.

Lombo has had a good night at the plate, but the error has cancelled that out.

If the error was followed by a ground ball DP! it wouldn't have hurt anything. Sometimes, pitchers have to pick up the defenders.

Archived