Just how good is Clevenger?

Sanfran327

DD needs to bring up Alvarez and Clevenger now. Changes are needed. The D'Aza, Snider and Lough group needs to be broken up and improvements needed in the OF. Alvarez is the first step. A trade for Mark Trumbo needs to be made. He would be a big addition to this lineup and was rumored a few weeks ago to be available in a deal.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trumbo would be a nice pick up, I don't see DD making any moves for a big name player especially this early in the season. I agree with bringing up Clevenger. We need some sort of spark.

Yeah, Steve Clevenger is going to provide a spark.........

I have watched both Alvarez and Clevenger look terrible defensively in multiple games this year! Clevenger I believe does have a better bat than Caleb Joseph, but they're not the answers!

Yes. Clevenger is horrible behind the plate. It takes him forever to get rid of the ball when throwing to 2nd. And his accuracy is terrible as well.

I have watched both Alvarez and Clevenger look terrible defensively in multiple games this year! Clevenger I believe does have a better bat than Caleb Joseph, but they're not the answers!

Minor league bat. But yeah. That is what I have seen too with Clevenger. Alvarez is a victim of Harbour Park I think.

Trumbo would be a nice pick up, I don't see DD making any moves for a big name player especially this early in the season. I agree with bringing up Clevenger. We need some sort of spark.

Given the number of free agents at the end of this season, a poor record at the deadline assuredly means we're having a fire sale soon.

Sorry, but this thread is an example of someone who has no clue. Dariel Alvarez is OPSing around .600 at Norfolk. Steve Clevenger has a lifetime ML OPS of .565 and a AAA OPS of .789 (.770 this year). Those two are going to provide a spark?

You need to remember that all players on other teams are better than all Orioles and then it makes sense.

Archived