Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

His lifetime OPS is .763 being used in ONLY situation situations that play to his strengths. I just do not see a fit.

He's actually pretty similar left vs. right in his career. And if he was platooning or coming off the bench with us wouldn't that be playing to his strength? I'll take a .763 OPS! And a high OBP.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Thurs both my email &twitter accounts were hacked &compromised. They are now back working;thx for your patience & sorry for any confusion</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="
">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Jim not one person is going to believe this.

What a tool.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Thurs both my email &twitter accounts were hacked &compromised. They are now back working;thx for your patience & sorry for any confusion</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

http://deadspin.com/jim-bowden-caught-stealing-from-fake-twitter-account-d-1614081824/1614516467/+barryap

As funny as Jim Bowden's online meltdown after being caught stealing trade news from a fake Twitter account was—and it was hilarious—attempting to pass off someone else's scoop as your own without attribution is frowned upon in this business. So Bowden's going with old reliable, the hacking defense.

Late last night, an ESPN spokesperson sent us this in response to our inquiry:

Jim tells us his account was hacked, he's reaching out to Twitter and likely will establish a new account.

I for one am going to miss Ralph.

Free%20Vector%20Ralph%20Wiggum%2001%20The%20Simpsons365.jpg

What's going on with Urritia. Haven't heard his name but two times all year. And considering he spends a good amount of time in the majors last year I figured I would be hearing more.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Henry Urrutia has consecutive three-hit games and has hit .364 (8-22) in five games since returning from the disabled list on July 27.</p>— Tides Notes (@TidesNotes) <a href="

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="210"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he went, say, 3-for-4 on consecutive nights doesn't that mean he was 2-for-14 (.143) in the other games since he came back?

I know, feel free to slug me. I really do hope Henry amounts to something.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Archived