Churchill - Trade to be announced Monday

JTrea81

BTW, if you read the Seattle Times this morning there is a blurb that says that Jones and Sherril have yet to take a physical, so who really knows.

Here it is:

Friday afternoon, however, there was no indication that any of the players in the trade had been told to report for a physical.

Just like there was no indication that they weren't told. I tend to believe Belkast in this case, especially with the supposed Jones sighting earlier in the day...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet !!! We prolly here Monday that the deal hit another snag :D

Thanks Jtrea

The sun reports " Bedard deal off!! Jones tells mother that he passed his Exam and Mother tells high school coach that he is invited to press conference announcing the deal on Monday. Coach tells local high school beat writer that the deal is done. AP picks up story. Back at the warehouse PA argues there is some vague Agency created between a high school coach and a player and he thinks this violates some MLB rule. AM hopes to have it clearified sometime next week. Meanwhile Jones dislocates his hip and is scheduled for hip relacement surgery sometime this week. SEA decides not to do deal anyway because Sammy P is miffed that Bedard was fueding with his buddy Leo."

This is what i expect on Monday with the way this deal has evolved.:D

Just like there was no indication that they weren't told. I tend to believe Belkast in this case, especially with the supposed Jones sighting earlier in the day...

Well, that is fine, I know you tend to believe Churchill and you have been active over there since the whole Bedard thing started, just don't know how accurate he is ... again ... everything is with a grain of salt.

I have never seen a trade snag up then drag out as long as this one has. I hope we never trade with the Orioles again after this debacle is over. Waiting until after the Super Bowl for some sort of spot light is stupid. Announce the damn trade if it is done and have the press conference Monday or Tuesday. Theres your spot light. Are they (talking about both sides) afraid they won't get a big enough write up on SportCenter if they announce it during Super Bowl weekend or what? :confused:

Since when has a blockbuster MLB trade clashed with Super Bowl weekend anyway? Weirdest offseason ever.

I have never seen a trade snag up then drag out as long as this one has. I hope we never trade with the Orioles again after this debacle is over. Waiting until after the Super Bowl for some sort of spot light is stupid. Announce the damn trade if it is done and have the press conference Monday or Tuesday. Theres your spot light. Are they (talking about both sides) afraid they won't get a big enough write up on SportCenter if they announce it during Super Bowl weekend or what? :confused:

Since when has a blockbuster MLB trade clashed with Super Bowl weekend anyway? Weirdest offseason ever.

I bet it's Bavasi who wants the spotlight. I mean, he's getting the marquee name.

Welcome to our world. :002_sbiggrin:

Probably the last O's & M's deal we'll see in a while - headaches all the way around...

If you've been reading this board, as you obviously have, and you expected all trades with the Orioles to go off like the Tejada deal, that's your fault. Haven't you seen how worried we are until things are officially announced? Do you get the vibe people here think this franchise is streamlined and without flaw?

Only because an overenthusiastic kid got everyone in a tizzy. It was all talk up to that point, and if he hadn't have said what he said, everything probably would have remained as rumor.

I have never seen a trade snag up then drag out as long as this one has.

How many trades have you actually "seen"?? Unless you are an agent, gm or an ex-player... I bet none. Today with the internet and all these inside sources and such, we get a lot more talk about things than back in the day. Hell, years ago they might say something about maybe trading someone and then a month or two later there it is the newspaper that the trade is done... we didn't used to get the minute by minute blows.:002_ssmile:

Archived