Churchill - Trade to be announced Monday

JTrea81

I have never seen a trade snag up then drag out as long as this one has. I hope we never trade with the Orioles again after this debacle is over. Waiting until after the Super Bowl for some sort of spot light is stupid. Announce the damn trade if it is done and have the press conference Monday or Tuesday. Theres your spot light. Are they (talking about both sides) afraid they won't get a big enough write up on SportCenter if they announce it during Super Bowl weekend or what? :confused:

Since when has a blockbuster MLB trade clashed with Super Bowl weekend anyway? Weirdest offseason ever.

I don't blame you....This trade looks like it will be a good trade for both sides(IMO) but I don't think it reflects well on how the Orioles do business.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask a question? Why can we not announce a trade until monday? Teams announce stuff on the weekends all the time, heck most of America is fully functioning on Sundays. Just get this mess over with...Im not sure Im even excited about the trade anymore, just more obsessed that I see its completion...

I don't blame you....This trade looks like it will be a good trade for both sides(IMO) but I don't think it reflects well on how the Orioles do business.

I wish I could say the same thing. IMO the M's got hammered and this move will ultimately be 2 years of nothing, and then the M's have to start over.

Can I ask a question? Why can we not announce a trade until monday? Teams announce stuff on the weekends all the time, heck most of America is fully functioning on Sundays. Just get this mess over with...Im not sure Im even excited about the trade anymore, just more obsessed that I see its completion...

It might just be because most of the sporting media is in Phoenix, and they want to wait for the presser when they're back.

Or maybe there's a few more I's to be dotted and T's to be crossed, but because it's Super Weekend, everyone's watching the game.

Who knows. Just like who knows about everything that's really going on with every little detail on this whole trade this entire time.

By this time we could of dotted every i and crossed every t in every known language including hierogliphics.:D

You got two first names!

You got a point, but hey, I'd rather overly cautious than gunslingers mentality right now. They screw the rebuild up, and that's another 5-8 years down the drain. Lest we forget they thought they were rebuilding around 2000.

You got two first names!

You got a point, but hey, I'd rather overly cautious than gunslingers mentality right now. They screw the rebuild up, and that's another 5-8 years down the drain. Lest we forget they thought they were rebuilding around 2000.

Shake and Bake!

I agree that it is critical to make the right moves. However, I do not think the Os are in danger of being criticized as reckless gunslingers.:)

You got two first names!

Shake and Bake!

I agree that it is critical to make the right moves. However, I do not think the Os are in danger of being criticized as reckless gunslingers.:)

Guest rochester

There is so many threads on this so I am not sure...so here it goes...can you please definitively advise, from pure fact not conjecture, how exactly this entire thing has developed...please no rumors nor assumptions...just facts please.

Is there any other possibilities of what took place?

I understand that there has been past precedence (and would not defend it), however, should we take into consideration that MacPhail clearly stated (a fact!) that there were communication issues with prior GMs?

Please let us know what warrants this statement "I don't think it reflects well on how the Orioles do business." since MacPhail took over....I mean, outside of bloggers, hearsay and assumptions.

Thank you!

This will be the last thing people will be talking about on Monday....it will be talk of a perfect season or talk of how the pats got so close and failed. Hopefully the latter.

LOL...100% right.

Do the Orioles or mariners think people, on a national level, care about this trade????

What are we going to put off the announcement for next...American idol??

Archived