Churchill - Trade to be announced Monday

JTrea81

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is so many threads on this so I am not sure...so here it goes...can you please definitively advise, from pure fact not conjecture, how exactly this entire thing has developed...please no rumors nor assumptions...just facts please.

Is there any other possibilities of what took place?

I understand that there has been past precedence (and would not defend it), however, should we take into consideration that MacPhail clearly stated (a fact!) that there were communication issues with prior GMs?

Please let us know what warrants this statement "I don't think it reflects well on how the Orioles do business." since MacPhail took over....I mean, outside of bloggers, hearsay and assumptions.

Thank you!

It is all about perception...We have already seen one executive laugh about it and talk about how long it is taking.

That's not a good thing for this organization....Even if it isn't AM's fault, it still is a perception around the league.

We have been looked at, for years now, as an organization that is tough to deal with. Do you honestly think this helps that idea???

LOL...100% right.

Do the Orioles or mariners think people, on a national level, care about this trade????

What are we going to put off the announcement for next...American idol??

I'm sure they're aren't that delusional, but most of the sports media is actually IN Phoenix, so that's probably what they're thinking about more.

I mean, someone mentioned that Peter Schmuck is out there. Why? You rarely see him write about football.

I'm sure they're aren't that delusional, but most of the sports media is actually IN Phoenix, so that's probably what they're thinking about more.

I mean, someone mentioned that Peter Schmuck is out there. Why? You rarely see him write about football.

Didn't stop the Twins and Mets.

Guest rochester
It is all about perception...We have already seen one executive laugh about it and talk about how long it is taking.

That's not a good thing for this organization....Even if it isn't AM's fault, it still is a perception around the league.

We have been looked at, for years now, as an organization that is tough to deal with. Do you honestly think this helps that idea???

yea your are right.. it was the f-bomb thread that made me lash out at you...

The only way to change this perception is to get some wins. This trade, coupled with the Tejada deal are 2 good steps in that direction.

As much as this whole thing had the potential to spill into a debacle, McPhail (IMO) has been able to keep the lid on it all well enough to prevent this rolling into a same old Orioles sentiment across the nationwide media. Again, some credit probably has to go to him for cracking down on 1) what's spoken to the media and 2) what's leaked out.

We're doing well in this regard, again, IMO.

jeez bummer - why don't you just go run off a cliff or something - every post has been so frickin negative ...how do you live with yourself? lol.

This trade is not bad for the M's nor did we get taken to the cleaners. If all 5 players turn out to be superstars then Yes we probably did. All 5 will not turn out to be good players though so don't worry about it.

As per the Jones thing - well had the O's FO not way over-reacted like a bunch of girls - this trade should have been done Tuesday or so.

This offseason sucked but atleast we got the trade done in the end. Maybe you guys are waiting for Monday to also throw-in the Roberts trade? Also - it's not Bavasi who wants to wait till Monday...this has taken forever - you really think he wants to delay some more and get some spotlight??? lol....i'm sure he wants this done and over with more than we do.

jeez bummer - why don't you just go run off a cliff or something - every post has been so frickin negative ...how do you live with yourself? lol.

This trade is not bad for the M's nor did we get taken to the cleaners. If all 5 players turn out to be superstars then Yes we probably did. All 5 will not turn out to be good players though so don't worry about it.

As per the Jones thing - well had the O's FO not way over-reacted like a bunch of girls - this trade should have been done Tuesday or so.

This offseason sucked but atleast we got the trade done in the end. Maybe you guys are waiting for Monday to also throw-in the Roberts trade? Also - it's not Bavasi who wants to wait till Monday...this has taken forever - you really think he wants to delay some more and get some spotlight??? lol....i'm sure he wants this done and over with more than we do.

What have you got against girls? Why disparage them by comparing them to the O's FO?

I don't think it helps, but in reality, it's irrelevant.

What is relevant is whether or not you have desirable pieces to trade, whether or not you have enough money to sign a free agent, and most importantly when dealing in free agency, whether or you WIN.

All this talk about how this deal reflects badly on the Orioles is silliness. Minnesota took longer to settle on its suitor and got less in return. Clearly Houston was not so bothered as to stop doing business with the O's. Those of you who think this looks bad on the FO are just fans. So far, whatever perception teams have of the O's has not prevented AM from getting three good returns and pointing this team in the right direction. I think there's a guilt and shame complex going around from losing for so many years.

If the trade happens and it includes any player other than those who have been heavily rumored about lately, then I will give AM a grade of A+++ for succeeding at doing things his way, including implementing his anti-spy campaign. I just wish I knew more about what he was implementing about making the player-development system work right. My guess is that he's not saying much about that either...

If the trade happens and it includes any player other than those who have been heavily rumored about lately, then I will give AM a grade of A+++ for succeeding at doing things his way, including implementing his anti-spy campaign. I just wish I knew more about what he was implementing about making the player-development system work right. My guess is that he's not saying much about that either...

Me too! I hope that it is better than that. also better than the 6 for 2 with us pick up another low level stiff. I'm actually hoping we send them something else worth while & get Clement as the 6th & Chen in place of one of Butler or Micklos.

Any way I would bet it will look different...Otherwise I really cant understand the delay .. So anyway I agree good post!:D

All this talk about how this deal reflects badly on the Orioles is silliness. Minnesota took longer to settle on its suitor and got less in return. Clearly Houston was not so bothered as to stop doing business with the O's. Those of you who think this looks bad on the FO are just fans. So far, whatever perception teams have of the O's has not prevented AM from getting three good returns and pointing this team in the right direction. I think there's a guilt and shame complex going around from losing for so many years.

Here is how I like at the situation. Clubs being a pain to deal with doesn't seem to effect the trades tied to potential All-Stars. I think mostof us would agree that Tejada, Bedard, and Roberts could all be in that category. Teams covet them more than their dislike of dealing with certain organizations. Let's say that the Bedard deal went down rather quickly, which it hasn't. The next time Seattle is looking at two players with similar resumes and one player is ours. Does anyone think that they will be in a hurry to deal with us? Bavasi banked on Bedard (even over Sanatana), so he painted himself in the corner. The season for the M's rests on the Bedard trade. For that reason alone the Orioles could try to slightly alter the package. That is why I think that the package will end up being different than Jones, Tillman, Butler, Sherrill, and Mickolio. Maybe Butler and Mickolio are replaced with another position prospect. No matter what we read, none of us really know for sure because Bavasi and AM are not talking.

Archived