Yankees release Brian Roberts

LarryHarlow

He was a very good player. If you noticed, I'm in favor of bringing him back. If you've never noticed things like him not covering second base or loligagging down the line, then I'd say you're pretty much blind.

Yeah, he did do that some, but on routine balls hit to the 2b or SS with an easy throw to first. And alot of guys do that.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny, i just remember the defensive "chosen one" (flaherty) botching that play just the other week. Didn't get to second for the flip from JJ to turn a dp. Didn't get the out at 1st either. Everyone goofs

Maybe because he was playing deep in the hole. Still ran to try and get there but then hesitated because of some confusion. In addition to watching, you might want to listen to Buck's post game comments more as he explained the play clearly and exhonerated Flaherty. Flaherty may have brain farted in the end on that play but it was not for lack of effort. Can't say the same for Mr. Roberts effort on many similar and much easier plays.

I just read that too. All that says is that he was in a slump and that he was frustrated with himself.

If you read it a little closer it mentions how he displays his frustration with his body language when he is struggling.

I'm pretty certain that this frustration and bad body language affected both him and the team negatively.

Yeah, he did do that some, but on routine balls hit to the 2b or SS with an easy throw to first. And a lot of guys do that.

Yeah, and like i said we've all rationalized that, but my point is that Buck Showalter doesn't like that and isn't going to deal with it.

Maybe because he was playing deep in the hole. Still ran to try and get there but then hesitated because of some confusion. In addition to watching, you might want to listen to Buck's post game comments more as he explained the play clearly and exhonerated Flaherty. Flaherty may have brain farted in the end on that play but it was not for lack of effort. Can't say the same for Mr. Roberts effort on many similar and much easier plays.

Haha I can't stay up that late to watch every post game. That's fine, and wow Flaherty made a mistake in the field?! U honestly feel like there were plays when Roberts had opportunity to turn a DP from Hardy and he just decided he didn't want to try to cover second base? That's absurd. If he did that, he would have been benched immediately.

In a fairy tail world, I would not mind seeing Brian Roberts hit the game winning home run to clinch the ALCS for the Orioles.

But he isn't good enough to help this team over current options. He would likely hit better, but if it was just the bat we could have done that from AAA. There may yet be a late move for help at 2nd. But it says here that it won't be Brob.

I am ok with that.

If you read it a little closer it mentions how he displays his frustration with his body language when he is struggling.

I'm pretty certain that this frustration and bad body language affected both him and the team negatively.

Man, you are really reaching for everything u can get outta that article huh? I wonder how anyone would react after going 0-23 or whatever it was.

Haha I can't stay up that late to watch every post game. That's fine, and wow Flaherty made a mistake in the field?! U honestly feel like there were plays when Roberts had opportunity to turn a DP from Hardy and he just decided he didn't want to try to cover second base? That's absurd. If he did that, he would have been benched immediately.

Turning a DP isn't the play we're talking about and I'm pretty sure you understand that. Don't deflect.

Man, you are really reaching for everything u can get outta that article huh? I wonder how anyone would react after going 0-23 or whatever it was.

It's not a reach to actually get to the point of why the article was posted.

It's also a point that you obviously ignored.

Most guys ( Scappy ones at least) ususally take their frustration out on a bat in the runway.

Displaying bad body language shows your teammates and the opposition that you are beaten.

You want to avoid that on a field of play.

Again, the fact that his teammates mentioned it speaks volumes.

Basically, he has a tendency to beat himself, and in most baseball circles this is considered selfish.

Turning a DP isn't the play we're talking about and I'm pretty sure you understand that. Don't deflect.

I wasn't deflecting at all. U said similar and easier plays referring to Flahertys botched DP. The play he made to get Alexi Ramirez one of his first games back off the DL last year. Running forward barehanding and getting the out. No hustle involved there.

Yeah, and like i said we've all rationalized that, but my point is that Buck Showalter doesn't like that and isn't going to deal with it.

Where is the link where buck calls out Roberts for being lazy?

Roberts was a fine player and a heck of an oriole. If the o's hadn't given him that contract he would be fondly remembered and fans would feel bad that he was stuck on sucky teams. The end of his orioles career stunk but he played hard for years and years on terrible teams.

Archived