What a monster statement today. "It's still baseball season in Baltimore"

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if the playoff schedule is set in any way yet? IF we somehow make the playoffs I was trying to plan something that weekend. I assume that Monday after the season is reserved for any possible play in games and Tuesday would be the Wild Card games. We know anything else?

Thanks

Anyone know if the playoff schedule is set in any way yet? IF we somehow make the playoffs I was trying to plan something that weekend. I assume that Monday after the season is reserved for any possible play in games and Tuesday would be the Wild Card games. We know anything else?

Thanks

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/important_dates.jsp

You might be right, but if I were to put it down to one significant factor it's just the 24-hour media thing. ESPN is a part of that now.

And to people asking why this is important, I guess it really isn't, but what always bothered me was that dispute the Orioles and Ravens had where the Ravens tried to bully the Orioles into moving their game around for the Ravens. They tried to gather public support against the Orioles and they used a religious holiday as a BS excuse. It was all about Big Football being Big Football. Hey, who cares about the Orioles right? By the time your game rolls around you'll be out of the playoffs anyway, haw haw haw. Well they can suck it.

NO doubt that's all a part of it, while I have no beef with the Ravens there is ONLY one NFL team that I could root for in BMore and they left LONG ago. Water over damn what ever, but you'll never see me as a Raven's fan.

That's not that great. But I'm not worried about the record, per se, just Jones being able to hit come playoff time.

Not great, but better than 7-10.

Jones is hitting, just not producing RBIs right now.

[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<tbody>[TR=class: hl]

[TD]Last 7 days[/TD]

[TD=align: right]6[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]23[/TD]

[TD=align: right]22[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]8[/TD]

[TD=align: right].318[/TD]

[TD=align: right].348[/TD]

[TD=align: right].318[/TD]

[TD=align: right].666[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right].500[/TD]

[TD=align: right]78[/TD]

[TD=align: right]92[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Unfortunately this is a football town mostly now. Radio callers would rather dissect a 4th preseason game than the O's. 90% of sports chatter tomorrow will be about Joe Flacco, not Nelson Cruz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether it's a football town or not is really irrelevant. The Orioles have a 9.5 game lead and most fans assume they will win the AL East. Meanwhile, the Ravens played the home opener in a 16-game schedule. All around the country people are talking about the football game played yesterday and that's going to happen here in Baltimore as well.

I love the Orioles obviously, and as nice as the win yesterday was, what is there to dissect? Football is a game that leads to dissection. There are some many things for fans to talk about after a football game. Seriously, I could probably have an hour conversation with someone on the Ravens game yesterday and we can still be bringing up points. How long could you talk about the Orioles game? Cruz basically put the team on his back and avoided a sweep. Great, but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean that the Orioles are less relevant because the town is talking about the Ravens game yesterday than a great Orioles win.

When the playoffs begin, the town will be very focused on the Orioles. Let's hope we are worried about the Orioles World Series game conflicting with a Ravens home game!

NO doubt that's all a part of it, while I have no beef with the Ravens there is ONLY one NFL team that I could root for in BMore and they left LONG ago. Water over damn what ever, but you'll never see me as a Raven's fan.

I said the same thing when the Senators left town. I would never ever root for the Orioles.

One should never use the word, "Never." :)

That's not that great. But I'm not worried about the record, per se, just Jones being able to hit come playoff time.

Yea, a .590 winning percentage (10 out of 17) sucks.

It would be lovely if the Orioles played .700 baseball for the last month of the season, Jones (and everyone else for that matter) were tearing the cover off the ball, and the bullpen was lights out. It would also mean absolutely nothing for what Jones and the Orioles as a team will do (or not do) come playoff time. Players go through peaks and valleys. How they are playing now has little bearing on how they will play in three weeks.

The Orioles are going to win the division. When they do, regardless of whether or not Jones is hitting, they'll probably have about a 50/50 shot of winning the ALDS. And then about another 50/50 shot of winning the ALCS.

You can sit there and worry about all the implications and scenarios. Or you can just enjoy the ride and look forward to some October baseball.

The Orioles are going to win the division. When they do, regardless of whether or not Jones is hitting, they'll probably have about a 50/50 shot of winning the ALDS. And then about another 50/50 shot of winning the ALCS.

You can sit there and worry about all the implications and scenarios. Or you can just enjoy the ride and look forward to some October baseball.

It's hard to enjoy the ride when you are getting swept by the Rays in the gloom and doom dome. Very glad to pull yesterday out.

It's hard to enjoy the ride when you are getting swept by the Rays in the gloom and doom dome. Very glad to pull yesterday out.

Good teams find something from somewhere and pull out results whilst not playing well.

The Trop is a horrible venue, the crowd were dreadful (how many times did you only hear them cheer at inopportune moments, clearly when the 'Make Noise' messages came on screen) and Buck is trying to rest key players and give others some game time. It all compounds a situation where we are not playing our best, but can still clearly grind a result out.

And lets face it, if Hardy was playing yesterday we wouldn't have needed extra innings. So keep the faith

Archived