Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

Just got a reply from my rep. I asked him if I would be able to buy better seats if I upgrade. His response was "I can’t upgrade any tickets that you have purchased but you would have the opportunity to purchase more tickets for the ALCS."

I just pulled the trigger and did the upgrade. I'll be able to find people to sell extras to if we can't exchange. Worse case scenario I put them on stubhub.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking that rather than upgrade, I might just have my buddy who I share the seats with call and make a deposit on a new 29-game plan for next year. Then we should be able to get extra seats to the ALCS for sure, as well as the WS tickets, that should allow us to provide some to our friends and family who want tickets.

Did You upgrade to 29 or 20?

29. I'm sure its the same rules for 20 though.

I'm thinking that rather than upgrade, I might just have my buddy who I share the seats with call and make a deposit on a new 29-game plan for next year. Then we should be able to get extra seats to the ALCS for sure, as well as the WS tickets, that should allow us to provide some to our friends and family who want tickets.

Thats your best bet. Then you could use both. However, I don't know if seniority will account for anything in the future.

29. I'm sure its the same rules for 20 though.

Thats your best bet. Then you could use both. However, I don't know if seniority will account for anything in the future.

It counts somewhat. Also 20 game plan does not guarantee an Opening Day ticket. 29 game plan does. Just make sure this is right from your Rep ,if you do upgrade or get a new plan. You will get an opportunity to buy ticket for Opening Day with the 20 game plan.

How does one buy extra for the ALCS if they have just upgraded to a 29 game plan?

The series starts in 54 hours.

It counts somewhat. Also 20 game plan does not guarantee an Opening Day ticket. 29 game plan does. Just make sure this is right from your Rep ,if you do upgrade or get a new plan. You will get an opportunity to buy ticket for Opening Day with the 20 game plan. ]

So....ex 13--> 20 game plan gives a higher priority than bronze? I don't care that much about OD. I care about post-season and avoiding the dumpster fire that was yesterday AM.

How does one buy extra for the ALCS if they have just upgraded to a 29 game plan?

The series starts in 54 hours.

I'm assuming they're having a sale either tonight or tomorrow morning. The website states that if you deposit by 5 PM today that you are guaranteed seats. I assume they set aside tickets for those who place deposits.

By looking at stubhub you can see which sections haven't gone on sale. 3, 4, 7, and 13 all look available.

Just got a reply from my rep. I asked him if I would be able to buy better seats if I upgrade. His response was "I can?t upgrade any tickets that you have purchased but you would have the opportunity to purchase more tickets for the ALCS."

I just pulled the trigger and did the upgrade. I'll be able to find people to sell extras to if we can't exchange. Worse case scenario I put them on stubhub.

Do I have this correct? You are a current (or 2015) 13-game season ticket holder who already got ALCS tickets via the STH pre-sale? And if you upgrade your 2015 package to either 20 or 29 games, you get the opporunity to purchase even more ALCS tickets?

Is there going to be any inventory left for potential lottery winners and/or general public? :(

It counts somewhat. Also 20 game plan does not guarantee an Opening Day ticket. 29 game plan does. Just make sure this is right from your Rep ,if you do upgrade or get a new plan. You will get an opportunity to buy ticket for Opening Day with the 20 game plan.

Wait, what? So now current 13 game planners won't get an opportunity for Opening Day? What kind of BS are they trying to pull here????

An even more sickening thing about all of this is that the Orioles are still clearly dumping tickets to ticket brokers like they do during the regular season...look on stub hub and you will be able to purchase whole rows of 16-18 tickets in sections throughout the upper deck. With plan holders limited to a max of 8 (that is if they have 8 seats), it is clear that the O's are still helping out the big brokers that buy up seats to games no one wants in the regular season

Wait, what? So now current 13 game planners won't get an opportunity for Opening Day? What kind of BS are they trying to pull here????

With the huge influx of new ST holders, the chances of a guarantee have certainly decreased.

I'm less worried about Opening Day, and more concerned about losing B/C parking, which I'm assuming will also be impacted by new 13 game owners.

With fixed #'s of seats and parkings spots, the more season tickets get sold, the higher the chances become of losing our current opportunities/guarantees.

it is clear that the O's are still helping out the big brokers that buy up seats to games no one wants in the regular season

You said it yourself, "seats to games no one wants in the regular season."

What should the Orioles do? Just eat that money? Or sell to a broker and get something? Besides, as ST sales increase, you should see less and less of that. We shall see.

Archived