Decisions

MdSooner

After Dec 15. Besides, other than Markakis and a lefty reliever, we are not really getting anyone ;)

I disagree. DD and Buck aren't shrinking violets. I expect something like Jimenez this offseason. We can stand pat and sign Nick and a miller replacement and compete next year. But, I don't think the goal is to compete, I think the goal is to win.

When will we be getting some actual news about FA signings and trades?

All this speculation is kind frustrating to me

There literally is a different thread for every major league player, minor leaguer, foreign player and trade proposals involving each. LOL. Kinda funny chaos actually.

Last year, the first FA signings happened roughly 12-13 days after the WS ended. The GM meetings are in Phoenix next week (10th-12th). Some things will likely start to happen there.

I think it's possible that Markakis re-signs prior to that.

On the 105.7 morning show today, Brit said some days she hears a deal is imminent, and other days she hears that Nick and his camp are upset that the Orioles offered him a lowball offer. Not sure what to think about this situation anymore. I'm beginning to think IF Duke can get Cruz locked up, they may let Nick go and put Cruz in right.

On the 105.7 morning show today, Brit said some days she hears a deal is imminent, and other days she hears that Nick and his camp are upset that the Orioles offered him a lowball offer. Not sure what to think about this situation anymore. I'm beginning to think IF Duke can get Cruz locked up, they may let Nick go and put Cruz in right.

Even if you let Nick go and resign Cruz, I think Cruz plays mostly DH, and the RF at-bats are split by Lough and Pearce and maybe a 3rd player.

That is DD's MO. I originally expected a Markakis deal to be signed pretty quickly, but now I think DD will not overpay to keep Markakis from testing the market. The Markakis negotiation may take far, far longer than most originally thought.

I'm dreading the "(Insert team who signs the first big FA here) is committed to winning and the Orioles are standing pat" threads.

The Orioles are standing pat. Or losing a few pieces. And the payroll will still increase. Like Dan said it would.

Archived