Ubaldo Jimenez drawing 'moderate' interest

Orioles Jim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How else are you going to develop Bundy?
If Ubaldo is doing well (and I agree, this is still a question mark): A bird in the hand is worth 2 birds in the bush. If Bundy and/or Hunter are ready for the bigs, then perhaps start them in the bullpen. Give them spot starts. If they prove better than any of the members of the current rotation, then consider a trade. I don't want to trade any current rotation members until we are sure that Bundy and/or Hunter will prove themselves enough so that they could replace whomever we trade.

If Ubaldo is doing well (and I agree, this is still a question mark): A bird in the hand is worth 2 birds in the bush. If Bundy and/or Hunter are ready for the bigs, then perhaps start them in the bullpen. Give them spot starts. If they prove better than any of the members of the current rotation, then consider a trade. I don't want to trade any current rotation members until we are sure that Bundy and/or Hunter will prove themselves enough so that they could replace whomever we trade.

So you want to run Bundy out of the bullpen for an entire season for Ubaldo?

So you want to run Bundy out of the bullpen for an entire season for Ubaldo?
I did not say to necesarily run Bundy out of the bullpen for an entire season for Ubaldo (or any other current rotation member). For all we know, it might be Ubaldo who starts out in the pen. His last appearance in 2014 was out of the pen, and he struck out the side.

I did not say to necesarily run Bundy out of the bullpen for an entire season for Ubaldo (or any other current rotation member). For all we know, it might be Ubaldo who starts out in the pen. His last appearance in 2014 was out of the pen, and he struck out the side.

You only have two choices for Bundy, the pen or the rotation.

You only have two choices for Bundy, the pen or the rotation.
Not for an entire season. A pitcher, especially a rookie, can start in the pen and get promoted to a regular rotation spot, either during his rookie year or else sometime in the future. Or else, who knows? Ubaldo might end up in the pen for most of the season -- stranger things have happened. Remember that Zach Britton started his career as a starter, and this didn't work out. The rest is history.

Archived