And the Red Sox start sign Hanley Ramirez

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Hanley Ramirez headed to Boston tomorrow to finalize deal with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a>.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources say Hanley’s deal with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a> will be in range of five years, $90M.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ramirez has averaged only 121 games over the last 5 years...and the Sawx are going to give him 5 years and $10 million less than Sandoval (which is another strange signing). It must be nice to throw buckets of money at your problems and then casually walk away from your mistakes, without a care in the world.

It's so strange that they're still after Pablo. Looks like Hanley is either the SS going forward or the LFer going forward which means the Red Sox are dealing one of Betts or Bogearts and I'd guess it's for Hamels. Granted that's if they sign Pablo too.

I'd guess they go with Hanley in LF, Pablo at 3B, Betts at 2b, and Bogearts at SS - not too shabby. Interesting fact - Betts and Bogearts were born 6 days apart. I imagine there will be lots of comps over the years between them and Machado/Schoop.

I'd guess they go with Hanley in LF, Pablo at 3B, Betts at 2b, and Bogearts at SS - not too shabby. Interesting fact - Betts and Bogearts were born 6 days apart. I imagine there will be lots of comps over the years between them and Machado/Schoop.

Did Pedroia die?

Ramirez has averaged only 121 games over the last 5 years...and the Sawx are going to give him 5 years and $10 million less than Sandoval (which is another strange signing). It must be nice to throw buckets of money at your problems and then casually walk away from your mistakes, without a care in the world.

I believe he's making more now that it's reported at 4/88 with a vesting 5th year at another $22m. Adding $42m in annual commitments with no pitching added seems like a lot, even for the sox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived