Bonds failed a steroid test...

DrLev

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it makes you feel better, I'm happy as hell, too.

Here's hoping Bonds gets what he's had coming to him for years.

Karma is a *****, ain't it Bare?

At least someone else feels like this...I absolutely can't stand him, and now, there may be some proof finally (besides his pillow stuffed head of course), just makes me that much more happy

As Mike and Mike talked about this morning...What is all of this going to accomplish?

You are ruining the names of the 2 greatest players of their era..Clemens and Bonds.

Yea, maybe you clean up the game but the sport looks a lot worse because of all the hearings and stuff like that than it does with half the league on roids IMO.

I don't want to see these guys go to jail or anything like that.

As Mike and Mike talked about this morning...What is all of this going to accomplish?

You are ruining the names of the 2 greatest players of their era..Clemens and Bonds.

Yea, maybe you clean up the game but the sport looks a lot worse because of all the hearings and stuff like that than it does with half the league on roids IMO.

Couldn't agree more Rob. We all knew Bonds was on the juice, what good can possibly come from this?

If tainting the careers of two of the greatest players in history is what they're looking to do, then congrats, mission accomplished.

It exposes them as liars.

No one cares about Giambi and Pettite...why? Because the coverup is worse than the crime. They fessed up, moved on...and no one cares.

IMO, I don't care about the roids that much, but when they lie about it to the extent they do, that's what makes the game look bad.

So do you guys think that lying to a grand jury and/or lying in a Congressional hearing should not be punishable offenses? :confused:

I doubt Clemens goes to jail. Bonds, on the other hand, will probably end up in prison. All these guys had to do was admit to using and they wouldn't have to worry about jail time. And yes, these two will still go into the Hall of Fame. They probably won't be on the first ballet as they should be, but they'll still get in.

Couldn't agree more Rob. We all knew Bonds was on the juice, what good can possibly come from this?

If tainting the careers of two of the greatest players in history is what they're looking to do, then congrats, mission accomplished.

honestly...and i'll say this over and over, as I have before, and I lump

Palmeiro

Roberts

Pettite

Giambi

Bonds

Clemens ect in all of this

I don't mind if their names are tainted. THEY CHEATED! They took the easy way out. Plain and simple. The game that I love the most; the game my dad used to take me to alone because I wanted to see the O's play at memorial stadium is becoming the laughing stock of the sporting world. WHY??? Well, because of the insecuities and greed mongered "super" stars that litter the locker rooms today. One thing I will never do is discriminate. Roberts, a so called one time user, is just as bad as Bonds. MLB is fine without cheaters like this in baseball and maybe, one day, I can take my kids to a sport that isn't riddled with cheaters.

Hopefully

It exposes them as liars.

No one cares about Giambi and Pettite...why? Because the coverup is worse than the crime.

IMO, I don't care about the roids that much, but when they lie about it to the extent they do, that's what makes the game look bad.

Is that it, really? Because they lied? They all lied, didn't they. Most of these guys said they never did it, and then they fail a test, get named in the report...etc. When they admit it later, it's ok? They still lied at one point, right?

I just think it's easy to get so mad at Bonds and Clemens because they're both jerks. When a guy like Brian Roberts gets caught, it's ok because he'll apologize and is a classy guy. Quite a double standard in my opinion.

honestly...and i'll say this over and over' date=' as I have before, and I lump

Palmeiro

Roberts

Pettite

Giambi

Bonds

Clemens ect in all of this

I don't mind if their names are tainted. THEY CHEATED! They took the easy way out. Plain and simple. The game that I love the most; the game my dad used to take me to alone because I wanted to see the O's play at memorial stadium is becoming the laughing stock of the sporting world. WHY??? Well, because of the insecuities and greed mongered "super" stars that litter the locker rooms today. One thing I will never do is discriminate. Roberts, a so called one time user, is just as bad as Bonds. MLB is fine without cheaters like this in baseball and maybe, one day, I can take my kids to a sport that isn't riddled with cheaters.

Hopefully[/quote']

I'll agree with you on that. As long as you lump them all in together, I'm fine with it. It's just the "celebration" idea because Bonds and Clemens are jerks that bothers me. They're all the same, I agree with you. Don't forgive Brian Roberts because he's a great guy, if you're going to hate on Bonds and Clemens because they're not.

I'll agree with you on that. As long as we lump them all in together, I'm fine with it. It's just the "celebration" idea because Bonds and Clemens are jerks that bothers me. They're all the same, I agree with you. Don't forgive Brian Roberts because he's a great guy, if you're going to hate on Bonds and Clemens because they're not.

exactly, they cheated in the same way....they all lied, the're the same to me. Filthy cheaters the lot of em

Is that it, really? Because they lied? They all lied, didn't they. Most of these guys said they never did it, and then they fail a test, get named in the report...etc. When they admit it later, it's ok? They still lied at one point, right?

I just think it's easy to get so mad at Bonds and Clemens because they're both jerks. When a guy like Brian Roberts gets caught, it's ok because he'll apologize and is a classy guy. Quite a double standard in my opinion.

I never thought Clemens was a total jerk, at least not to the extent of Bonds.

beaner, it's not rocket science. The American public is, by and large, a forgiving public. How come no one cares about Giambi or Pettite? How come no one crucified Caminiti when he came out?

They were mostly honest. Giambi said he was sorry, Pettite confessed without a fight....

...yet here we have these two knuckleheads who think they can just deny, deny, deny...when all evidence points to the contrary. They're even going to the lengths of possibly perjuring themselves...and for what?

It's not a double standard, it's the way things work. It's like two kids in grade school who cheated on a test. The kid that fesses up and apologizes gets a slap on the wrist when the other who lies and denies gets a harsher punishment.

I don't really see where the confusion is.

Roberts admitted to it. He hasn't lied to grand jury or to Congress. Bonds and Clemens sit there and try to insult everyone's intelligence by denying everything.

Archived