New Feinstein book on baseball ( Mussina )

Palmer Esque

Living on the Black: Two Pitchers, Two Teams, One Season to Remember

I was not sure where to post this, but I figured this was the best place..

For those of you who love John Feinstein, he has a new book being released this spring ( I believe May 1st ) and is centered around him following Mike Mussina and Tom Glavine through their 2007 seasons. This should be a great read, and wanted to give you guys a heads up because of Mussina's involvement. It seems similar to his Season on the Brink book when he followed Indiana and Bob Knight and Next Man Up when he followed the Ravens. For you guys who have never read one of his books, for my money's worth, he is one of the best authors around, and thats including all genre's.

That will be a must-read for me. Too bad he didn't pick a season where Mussina performed a little better.

I agree too bad he did not have the best year but just the circus of following the Mets and Yanks will be worth it and add to the book. As far as Mussina, I hope he has a great year and gets a little closer to the Hall. I was crushed when he left, but all in all you have to respect the guy as a pitcher.

I'm mad I never read Next Man Up. Now that Billick is gone I guess there's little reason to read it.

Being a Ravens fan, you're really missing out on this one. I'm not a big reader, but I finished it in days...

I have the Feinstein baseball book from '93 I picked up and started, but it's pretty dated. It starts off talking to Fay Vincent and a possible strike. :(

Yeah, Next Man Up was excellent. Even if its getting a little dated now in terms of personnel, it still gives a lot of insight into how an NFL team runs. I've always been a fan of Moose, so I'll take a look at this at some point. And while Mussina didn't have his best year, the Ravens didn't have their best year in 2004 either, but it still made for good reading. :)

Being a Ravens fan, you're really missing out on this one. I'm not a big reader, but I finished it in days...

I have the Feinstein baseball book from '93 I picked up and started, but it's pretty dated. It starts off talking to Fay Vincent and a possible strike. :(

I love Play Ball. Especially since I went to one of the games discussed in the book (the Nolan Ryan rain-delay game at Oriole Park).

A March to Madness is really great, as well.

Archived