Regretting Not Signing Andrew Miller?

Rene88

He was filthy as usual. Unhittable really. Compare that against Hunter and you see what money gets you (albeit a big amount of money).

I know Gina Geppi is going crazy on Facebook-ha ha. She LOVES Andrew Miller was quite upset we didn't sign him.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The Orioles couldn't get into a bidding war with the Yankees or anyone else for that matter for him.

2. The Orioles have never given out a reliever contract of that value before, and next to no pitching contracts of that value, period.

3. What reason do we have to believe Miller would have been willing to stay?

4. If you're going to keep Miller, you either have him close, or have him chew up a bunch of innings. Neither was likely here, which would have made his contract a very poor use of resources for his role.

There is just no way we can sign a reliever for $10 million a year. I would love to have Miller but there was never any chance of him signing here. He was even talking about going back to Boston while we were in the middle of our playoff run. Good pitcher but time to move on.

There is just no way we can sign a reliever for $10 million a year. I would love to have Miller but there was never any chance of him signing here. He was even talking about going back to Boston while we were in the middle of our playoff run. Good pitcher but time to move on.

I have no horse in the race here, but he didn't exactly say that. He was interviewed by a local paper outside of Boston and just said he liked the area and of course he would consider returning. Nothing too crazy IMO. We knew he was a rental.

Miller was a keeper. There's always some foolishness abound when it comes to improving the team.

It was a VERY bad idea to let Miller walk. It's always easier to see it when it comes back to haunt us than back in the offseason when suggesting we spend money to improve the team is considered verboten. :angryfire:

THIS IS WHY you keep Miller. I hope the math dudes get it now.

Oh well, here's hoping we get the Skanks tomorrow. :cool:

MSK

Cruz 2-2 tonight, both HR and it's only the 4th inning. If there's an uncontrollable need to be a masochist, then let's throw that into the discussion as well.

It wasn't mathematically feasible to keep Cruz. He cost too much. Miller cost too much. Winning doesn't matter if it costs money.

MSK

yes, I would love to have him. I'm tired of hearing we can't. When you take that attitude, you sure can't.

We are going to lose Wieters, we are going to lose Davis and we are going to go cheap next year. Saying i can't leads to losing Buck, leads to losing Dan and leads to losing baseball

I was in favor of signing Andrew Miller in the off season and he left for NY while DD was dreaming about Toronto. What a stellar shut down reliever almost Rivera like. We had him and decided to let him go after trading for him and not bid on him. I'm a season ticket holder and during the off season everybody I talked to was upset about Miller leaving. Very few comments about Cruz and Nick. If we had Miller our record would not be 3-4 right now. Buck is doing his best in his postgame interviews but Matusz should have faced Drew with the bases loaded tonight. Not Hunter! Buck thinks they would have pinch hit Headey if he would have brought him in to the game. Maybe....maybe not. Another tough loss. The pen has got to get better.

And I'm not advocating signing Davis and Weiters, I'm just saying the Yankees were cash starved and still managed to sign Miller. We can't afford big time free agents, I get that, but we could have afforded Miller to give us the best bullpen in the game once again

Archived