A few observations

wildcard

I would send Gausman down for a long reliever for tomorrow.

Wright is scheduled to start and McFarland last pitched on the 11th. A move for one of those two wouldn't surprise me.

They need to get the bullpen into a rhythm, and nothing would be worse than trying to cover 5+ innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you make of Bud's ST and subsequent 1st start?

I think he deserves a longer leash than 1 game. I agree, he hasn't looked good but booting him out of the rotation after 1 start is just not the way you should operate a ballclub. He deserves more.

My guess is he isn't 100% healthy.

I think he deserves a longer leash than 1 game. I agree, he hasn't looked good but booting him out of the rotation after 1 start is just not the way you should operate a ballclub. He deserves more.

My guess is he isn't 100% healthy.

But you believe Gausman should be starting every 5th day. Not for the Orioles? So, you're a tenure guy not a performance guy? If Norris wasn't or isn't healthy he's done a disservice to the team.

Either way, I see nothing that tells me any of his pitches are better than Gausman's. However, unless he turns it around, or admits he has an injury and goes to the DL we'll have to suffer through at least five or six starts with him floundering. And of course if he mixes in one decent start in between a bunch of bad ones that'll buy him another three or four.

I followed Bud to some extent in the NL. I always considered him an innings eater, but a very average pitcher, even in NL. When we got him, he surprised me in 2014. I just hope he duplicates that year here in 2015.

He's the epitome of average. Even last year in what may have been a career year he had an ERA+ 105 slightly above his previous best of 103. And his SO were down significantly from the year before.

Actually, a 92 ERA+ for his career is not average.

Here's an observation.

No matter how old, decrepit, injured, or bad-on-paper the Yankees are, they will always - ALLLLWAAAYYYYSSSS - play us tough. I don't know why I forget this every single year, but I do. It literally does not matter who is in their lineup.

Also, it seems like they always find a way to have a decent season even when they look bad on paper. I feel like they might be another team that's greater than the sum of their parts.

Archived