Reimold Sues Johns Hopkins Hospital

kelsey59

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do this for a living. The most interesting part of the case will be projecting out his earnings had the surgery been successful. It will be a battle of the damages experts.

There is a cap of $710k or $725k on pain and suffering in the case depending upon when it is that the alleged malpractice occurred (date of surgery vs. date of discharge).

Honestly, if he did not have the possibility of the dimunition in wages, it is very possible it would have been difficult to find a lawyer to take the case. If Nolan were simply retired or a home-maker, his max upside would be the $725k plus his additional medical costs (surgery plus rehab). Those are the types of cases that defendants are willing to gamble on because the absolute limits of their liability aren't high. The time, energy, expenses, and risks of these lawsuits unfortunately leave many with legitimate claims of malpractice wanting for lawyers.

I do this for a living. The most interesting part of the case will be projecting out his earnings had the surgery been successful. It will be a battle of the damages experts.

There is a cap of $710k or $725k on pain and suffering in the case depending upon when it is that the alleged malpractice occurred (date of surgery vs. date of discharge).

Honestly, if he did not have the possibility of the dimunition in wages, it is very possible it would have been difficult to find a lawyer to take the case. If Nolan were simply retired or a home-maker, his max upside would be the $725k plus his additional medical costs (surgery plus rehab). Those are the types of cases that defendants are willing to gamble on because the absolute limits of their liability aren't high. The time, energy, expenses, and risks of these lawsuits unfortunately leave many with legitimate claims of malpractice wanting for lawyers.

Assuming that his second surgery corrected the problem, all the "botched" surgery did was cost him a year. Unless he establishes himself as a major league player this year and earns a decent contract for 2016, I'd think his earning hit was under $1 mm.

Assuming that his second surgery corrected the problem, all the "botched" surgery did was cost him a year. Unless he establishes himself as a major league player this year and earns a decent contract for 2016, I'd think his earning hit was under $1 mm.

A year of collecting stats during arb years. So bit more complicated then that.

Archived