O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

This is where the assistant to the traveling secretary really shines. Well, except that time they put the team in that Ramada in Milwaukee.

Nothing will ever top this...

http://deadspin.com/5306275/the-new-york-mets-have-a-furry-run-in-on-road-trip

But according to SNY field announcer Kevin Burkhardt, that's the predicament the team faced when they pulled into their hotel room in Pittsburgh and he was justifiably "freaked out." Yes, the Westin Hotel in Pittsburgh is not only hosting the Mets this week, but Anthrocon 2009, the world's largest convention for people who like to dress in animal costumes.

The Mets managed to pull out a victory against the Brewers yesterday, with a 1-0 shutout courtesy of Mike Pelfrey. But the Mets desperately need a good night's sleep, given their recent injuries and uninspired play, so it can't be any comfort to know their REM-states might be disrupted by two people dressed in badger costumes going at it in the middle of their hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Home. They could have played in the afternoon today and why no fans tomorrow. The city near the stadium was ok in the afternoon. Harbor also. Looked like more police and Guard then people.

If you have fans in the stadium you need police there. All available police are needed elsewhere for now.

Though I have to say that from everything I have seen, today was remarkably peaceful. I'm sure the Guard helped, but it also appears to me that people in the community were appalled at the action of a minority of people and put their foot down. The cleanup efforts I saw were quite heartwarming.

If you have fans in the stadium you need police there. All available police are needed elsewhere for now.

Though I have to say that from everything I have seen, today was remarkably peaceful. I'm sure the Guard helped, but it also appears to me that people in the community were appalled at the action of a minority of people and put their foot down. The cleanup efforts I saw were quite heartwarming.

You are going to have police there even without fans being there.

"The Orioles are expected to reach out on Monday to fans who bought tickets online to Saturday?s game against the Red Sox and give them a voucher for a future game.

With protests in the area for Freddie Gray, the O?s crowd was significantly smaller than expected as many stayed away from downtown Baltimore. Those who were in attendance were mandated to stay inside Camden Yards by the city?s police department and mayor?s office for part of the game and advised of the safest routes to get home.

Those who bought Saturday tickets at the box office will get more information later the week on how to go about getting a voucher."

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but does anyone have any updates on this? On Monday, April 27th, I received an email that said "in the coming days you were receive an email with instructions on how to redeem.." but I have never received another email.

Could I just log in and exchange them the same way that I exchange other tickets?

The email I got mentioned mail (certified mail, which, suuuuure Orioles, I'll get right on that) to the team with "ATTN: Postponed Date" or something similar on the envelope, or exchanging at the box office. You could probably put "Saturday voucher" or something similar.

I'm not sure whether exchanging online is an option--I'd recommend calling the team and asking.

Huge, HUGE! botch by the Orioles ticketing department.

We ended up missing a prime game and so the way the make it up to us is by giving us comp tickets to a Classic game. This is complete BS.

These comp seats are crap compared to my original seats and my cost.

Huge, HUGE! botch by the Orioles ticketing department.

We ended up missing a prime game and so the way the make it up to us is by giving us comp tickets to a Classic game. This is complete BS.

These comp seats are crap compared to my original seats and my cost.

The ChiSox are considered a "prime game" now? I thought the ticket exchange was supposed to be on a dollar for dollar basis. You couldn't exchange for the DH?

The ChiSox are considered a "prime game" now? I thought the ticket exchange was supposed to be on a dollar for dollar basis.

This was for the April 25th game vs the Red Sox.

from the email link...

Important Information:

NOTE THAT YOU MUST CLAIM TICKETS IN ONE TRANSACTION. ONCE YOU COMPLETE A TRANSACTION YOUR PASSWORD WILL NO LONGER WORK.

This offer is valid for any Value or Classic game through August 31.

Print at Home will be the only delivery It is advised that you claim your tickets as quickly as possible for the best seating locations.

Being eligible for this opportunity does not guarantee that you will be able to claim tickets. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and this opportunity may end early if tickets become unavailable.

You may claim up to the same number of tickets that you purchased to the Saturday, April 25 game.

Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice. This includes multiple orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number, or other information.

The Baltimore Orioles reserve the right to void any transactions in which the established policies are not followed.

This is an online opportunity only. No exchanges or relocations are permitted.

To claim your tickets you will be required to create a new MLB.com account or log in using an existing MLB.com account. You may want to have all of your account information ready and up to date before you attempt to claim your tickets.

I assumed Chicago since that's what the thread is about.

I thought this was about the Saturday game??

O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

"The Orioles are expected to reach out on Monday to fans who bought tickets online to Saturday?s game against the Red Sox and give them a voucher for a future game.

With protests in the area for Freddie Gray, the O?s crowd was significantly smaller than expected as many stayed away from downtown Baltimore. Those who were in attendance were mandated to stay inside Camden Yards by the city?s police department and mayor?s office for part of the game and advised of the safest routes to get home.

Those who bought Saturday tickets at the box office will get more information later the week on how to go about getting a voucher."

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.

My bad. That's how the thread started but took a very long trip in another direction.

No worries.

I always thought it would have just been dollar for dollar even exchange just like with any other season ticket exchange.

I ended up with 2 tickets in SEC 310 for the 05/17 SUN 1:35PM game. The pair of tickets is still less than price of one of my seats.

I can't be the only one upset about this?

:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

No worries.

I always thought it would have just been dollar for dollar even exchange just like with any other season ticket exchange.

I ended up with 2 tickets in SEC 310 for the 05/17 SUN 1:35PM game. The pair of tickets is still less than price of one of my seats.

I can't be the only one upset about this?

:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

I wouldn't be upset. The Saturday game took place AND you got additional free tickets. If they didn't let you trade one of the canceled games for a dollar-for-dollar exchange I would understand your anger.

Archived