The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

That's a stretch and I don't agree with the assertion. Weren't you just complaining about them not adding starting pitching and now you're assigning blame to the BP?

Make up your mind.

He has made his mind up. To criticize DD for anything, even if the facts don't back him up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's done something before the trade deadline every year he's been on the job. Last year he got that Miller guy. Or, doesn't that count?

DD is not going to do a thing. He is as good as gone to Toronto, and you can book that. He will do nothing to help the Os when he knows he would be hurting his future employer.

Just like he didn't do anything during the year last season.

...Except acquire Andrew Miller, the very player people are ripping him for not bringing back.

Yes, true, but we were in a MUCH better position and not operating from a position of weakness. This is by far a much weaker overall lineup than last year and Miller was brought in to get us through the playoffs and hopefully to a WS title.

Right now, nothing is working.

Mainly because we simply don't have the talent to win as many games. Face it folks.

MSK

DD is not going to do a thing. He is as good as gone to Toronto, and you can book that. He will do nothing to help the Os when he knows he would be hurting his future employer.

Fact or opinion. If fact, cite your source or stop posting about it. At all.

This team IS done, we are dumb and nothing can fix it!!!

Oh, yeah! And Duquette is on the way out MEGA THREAD!!!

I will say those holding out hope for midseason moves to help the team might be disappointed if we're 12 to 14 games out at the All Star break. Not likely to be making any moves if that's the case - except maybe selling some of the FAs to be off. I don't think we've done what we needed to do to give us the best chance to compete this season - and while I'm far from writing off the season with 133 games left - I don't love what I'm seeing so far.

You really are clueless. He would only be hurting himself if he intentionally better the team. It would show a lot more about his character.

I will say those holding out hope for midseason moves to help the team might be disappointed if we're 12 to 14 games out at the All Star break. Not likely to be making any moves if that's the case - except maybe selling some of the FAs to be off. I don't think we've done what we needed to do to give us the best chance to compete this season - and while I'm far from writing off the season with 133 games left - I don't love what I'm seeing so far.

Yep. We are a very average team the way it is presently constructed. We lost two elite players last year and replaced them with no one. How is that logic of "yeah, but we will get Wieters back and Machado and Davis too!" working out?

Not very well.

Last year Cruz kept us going the first part of the year, and then we got hot with the addition of Miller and we rolled. A lot of that had to do with player confidence causing some to play over their head rather than pure talent. Much of the talent we did have...is gone.

Yep. We are a very average team the way it is presently constructed. We lost two elite players last year and replaced them with no one. How is that logic of "yeah, but we will get Wieters back and Machado and Davis too!" working out?

Not very well.

Last year Cruz kept us going the first part of the year, and then we got hot with the addition of Miller and we rolled. A lot of that had to do with player confidence causing some to play over their head rather than pure talent. Much of the talent we did have...is gone.

I think we were already rolling before we got Miller. And how is much of our talent gone? Two players represent "much" of the talent we have? What a dumb statement.

With out better starting pitching it won't matter if we had Cruz and Miller.

This is true. Hopefully we'll have a good homestand. Still early but the Yankees are putting some distance between us. Good news is, the other teams are tight and the Yankees are bound to struggle and face injuries at some point.

The only guy I'm actually concerned about is Bud Norris. He's always had a mediocre FB/CH combo but a great breaking ball that allowed him to be a starter. His slider is gone and he can't get outs without it.

I'd still be surprised if we don't make the wild card game or at least come very close. I think this is a very strong team that just needs to hit its stride. The offense and defense are still very good.

This is true. Hopefully we'll have a good homestand. Still early but the Yankees are putting some distance between us. Good news is, the other teams are tight and the Yankees are bound to struggle and face injuries at some point.

Eovaldi has pitched well, but other than he and Pineda I don't see their rotation holding up.

You really are clueless. He would only be hurting himself if he intentionally better the team. It would show a lot more about his character.

You sure are willing to put a lot of faith in a guy that basically held this time hostage last year and was willing to leave at a moments notice during the most important part of the O's off season. Any faith I had in this guy being a true Oriole went out the window for me when that happened.

Archived