The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

You were challenged to find 10 positive posts about the Orioles from all the years you've posted here. You tried to do it (to your credit) and you couldn't find anywhere near 10. You ended up highlighting information posts like "let's meet up in California" to try to get to 10. Whether you've ever been happy about the team or not, your post history here is very clear and obvious. If you were so "happy" in 2012, you should be able to go back to that year and find lots of positive posts. Guess what, I just tried. Not so much.

I have many positive posts.

The thing is (something you admitted to when I did the 10 positive post thread) that you might have skipped over my posts just because I made them.

I'm definitely not as negative as you make me out to be. I just hate missed opportunities to improve.

The Orioles FO do that a lot.

MSK

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the hangout Nestor. I've wondered where you've been.

Huh? No clue what you are talking about. My name starts with an M. Grew up in MI as an Oriole fan and move to S Cal about 7 years ago. Married my wife and we now live just north of LA. You are being paranoid.

Yet you couldn't find 10 despite trying. Interesting... You just ignore reality when it suits you.

The guy that runs this place, another moderator, one of the only contributors who has been here longer than, me, and about 4 other people all wrote that you're just a constantly negative person in response to your post and yet you continue to just blithely believe we're all wrong. It is quite amazing.

I don't believe I am negative. I don't hate on the Orioles. I love most of the players.

I spend a lot of money on Orioles materials and watch almost 90% of the games each season under any circumstance.

How is that negative?

MSK

I don't believe I am negative. I don't hate on the Orioles. I love most of the players.

I spend a lot of money on Orioles materials and watch almost 90% of the games each season under any circumstance.

How is that negative?

MSK

It's very positive. We understand. It is only the organization itself that you hate. Not the employees. Just management and above.

I'm fully in favor of extending Manny. It's rare to have someone of his talent that young. The risk of signing him to buy out some arb/early free agent years is far less than the risk of signing an old DH who had just been far, far better than he had been in any of the previous three years.

Still risk. That's my point. 4/56 won't get Manny, so there would be more money at stake. And Cruz is proving the doubters wrong this year.

LOL, you're just amazing. You ask questions, get answers, don't listen to them at all, and just move on spouting the same nonsense. Continue believing that we all just have some imaginary bias against you. You poor guy. The persecution is just awful. For my part, I'm back to ignoring you.

Note to the board: I'm going to have to skip this week's secret "we hate MSK for reasons that have nothing to do with his character and behavior at all so we secretly plot to screw with him" meeting. And by the way, we really need to come up with an acronym for this club. Typing that sucks...

But you are the club treasurer. Who is going to collect the dues?

Still risk. That's my point. 4/56 won't get Manny, so there would be more money at stake. And Cruz is proving the doubters wrong this year.

I don't think you understand risk. There's a very good chance that Cruz turns into a pumpkin at any moment. Or is suspended again. He's already to the point where it's terribly counter-productive to play him in the field. So he's a 35-year-old DH. It's very likely that's not going to end well. And not in 2-3 years.

I think you could get Manny for something like 6/100. Trout signed for 6/144. Of course the years and production are a bit different. But that would be well worth it. Manny is probably a 4-5 win player with 6-8 win upside. Once he hits arb years he'll be clearing north of $10M a year, and in free agency he'll certainly get $20M+ for 6+ years even if he's not an annual MVP candidate.

o

Dipper9 said:

o

Aside from that, how did you like the Play Mrs. Lincoln?

o

o

Something really interesting in regard to the Lincoln assassination:

o

OFFNY said:
o

A witness to Lincoln's assassination !!! ) O.o

In 1956, 96 year-old Samuel J. Seymour appeared on the TV show, I've Got a Secret. Seymour was at Ford's theater when John Wilkes Booth assassinated President Lincoln.

Seymour was 5 years-old at the time.

When it happened, nobody knew exactly what was going on, including Seymour.

Seymour's concern at the time ??? He felt sorry for the poor man who had just jumped off of the balcony, and injured his ankle (again, Seymour had no idea what was going on, hence his reaction of sympathy towards Booth.)

Seymour was from Maryland, and made his home in Baltimore.

He died only 2 months after this show was televised live.

o

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/147360-150th-Anniversary-of-Lincoln-Assassination?highlight=Lincoln+Assasination

o

I don't think you understand risk. There's a very good chance that Cruz turns into a pumpkin at any moment. Or is suspended again. He's already to the point where it's terribly counter-productive to play him in the field. So he's a 35-year-old DH. It's very likely that's not going to end well. And not in 2-3 years.

I think you could get Manny for something like 6/100. Trout signed for 6/144. Of course the years and production are a bit different. But that would be well worth it. Manny is probably a 4-5 win player with 6-8 win upside. Once he hits arb years he'll be clearing north of $10M a year, and in free agency he'll certainly get $20M+ for 6+ years even if he's not an annual MVP candidate.

I understand risk fine. Im not worried about WAR. I'm just a dumb POS that cares about W and L. Cruz helps us get wins this year. I'll worry about next year then. There's more to baseball then just figuring out new formulas to try to explain things. I just watch baseball.

If you want to give a guy who has missed most of his big league career with bum knees $100m, more power to you.

Note to the board: I'm going to have to skip this week's secret "we hate MSK for reasons that have nothing to do with his character and behavior at all so we secretly plot to screw with him" meeting. And by the way, we really need to come up with an acronym for this club. Typing that sucks...

So, who is bringing the donuts?

Archived