The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

I thought it was your week this week, CoC next week, and Quiksilver July 4th week. I'm not up again until 4th quarter. After all we rotate who brings the donuts each week, and it takes quite some time to cycle through all our members. That reminds me. I don't think the Moose Hall is going to hold us much longer. We probably need to think about the Civic Center instead.

As the great Groucho Marx said: I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

I like to be in my club of one. Also,isn't Moose Hall the player the Orioles drafted after that Matt Hobgoblin guy?

[video=youtube;29E6GbYdB1c]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the great Groucho Marx said: I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

I like to be in my club of one. Also,isn't Moose Hall the player the Orioles drafted after that Matt Hobgoblin guy?

[video=youtube;29E6GbYdB1c]

Why do their have to be groups?

I think the expectations of this team was built on If's and not realistic.

One cannot say Machado, Davis and Wieters will replace the losses of

Markakis,Cruz and Miller even though Miller isn't a issue. The team lost it's

heart and has no true leader. In a couple of days Wieters will be back to

catching and how will that affect this team of day to day players?

The team lost out during the winter months and will not be capture a winning spirit this year.

The team lost out during the winter months and will not be capture a winning spirit this year.

I stopped reading after the team has no real leader. Adam Jones has been the leader for years now and continues to do so. Cruz was not only the team the previous years one of which we went to the playoffs and Miller was only on the team a few months last season. Markakis was a good player but to consider him a leader is crazy. He pretty much stayed to him self and also was not a vocal person in the clubhouse. The leaders have been Jones and Showalter and both are still here.

Winning spirit like Casper. Perhaps if we change the name to Casper Ghosts. Nevermind,someone has that name.

91jJbOoPOhL._SY355_.jpg

CasperGhosts-Logos.jpg

There is no problem with leadership on this team. Adam, JJ and Matt are all leaders. There is a problem with health and performance. Schoop, Wieters, JJ and Flaherty being out have hurt.

Last year it was next man up and players stepped forward to fill holes. This year that has not happened. Cabrera has fallen short. Snider, Pearce, Lough, De Aza and in some ways Young have not done the job that is requirement.

Tillman and Norris not performing to expectation has hurt some but the pitching in general has been good.

If this team ever gets healthy it will probably win.

There are those who care only about wins and losses. Then there are those who believe stats are more important than anything you actually see on the field.

Coming into the season, stats were used to justify non-movements.

Now, I want the stats to win some games for us since that's all that counts.

MSK

Sorry, I do not believe you. For the previous 3 seasons, the Orioles have the best record among the rest of MLB.

Yet, you are always critical of everything this team does.

There is no problem with leadership on this team. Adam, JJ and Matt are all leaders. There is a problem with health and performance. Schoop, Wieters, JJ and Flaherty being out have hurt.

Last year it was next man up and players stepped forward to fill holes. This year that has not happened. Cabrera has fallen short. Snider, Pearce, Lough, De Aza and in some ways Young have not done the job that is requirement.

Tillman and Norris not performing to expectation has hurt some but the pitching in general has been good.

Also Jones is playing hurt. He has one homer,2 doubles and seven RBI's since May

1st.

We have had more holes this year. For all the talk about Manny and Wieters missing time last year, those were really the only big injuries we had. This year, Wieters has missed the entire season, Hardy and Schoop have missed more than half the games, and Flaherty was hurt at the same time Hardy and Schoop were out and couldn't fill in for them for a lengthy period. That's a lot to cover.

I think when you look at the last month, though, Adam Jones' slump has been a huge factor. You almost could say, as Jones goes, so does our offense. We need him to heat up and then I think you'll see the whole offense start clicking.

Recently I've seen posts about the clubhouse and attitude. I think that's a bunch of BS. The team's hitting doesnt' suck for the last month because of a bad clubhouse or lack of leadership. Tillman and Norris haven't sucked because of bad attitude or bad leadership. The team hasn't played well overall. Mistakes are magnified when you lose. Clearly, we would be a better team with Miller and Cruz but still not an elite, championship, level team. With the state of the AL East the Orioles are still not in bad shape but they do not look like a good team. Of course, a 5 game winning streak could change all of that.

Thank you, and I agree.

You can never fail signing a soon-to-be 35-year-old with a history of PEDs coming off a career year to a long, expensive contract. That always works. 100%.

You are spot on here.. There was tons of risk signing Cruz.. That said, if there was a time to take some risk, this offseason was it. You were only facing 1 year of potentially being overextended from a budget standpoint given the salaries coming off the books next year. I understand the disappointment with this past offseason. They were close, they did nothing to get closer. They let 3 major contributors leave and so far their decisions look bad. Unsure why anyone is surprised that people are upset.

I am not a subscriber to the notion that DD sabotaged the offseason or didn't have the teams best interest at heart. I believe they thought they were better than they were based on their margin of victory and getting back Machado and Wieters. I heard a lot of that here on the board this offseason too. So far they were wrong and it hasn't worked. Obviously the budget was an issue as well

Not MSK

Archived