WJZ postgame radio, etc.

NashLumber

I'm in NC, so I listen to the MLB At Bat app if I'm in my car and can't see the game on MASN. I do enjoy the postgame show whether it's the WJZ staff, but even more if it's Tom Davis and Dave Johnson. I also like Rob Long and Scott Garceau when I have time to listen. But some of the online radio services like Tune-In Radio and Radio.com seemed to have dramatically increased their amount of online radio ads they insert into programming. Last night, I had to hear a full half hour of ads before I heard any live radio. I do know there's a cbs-local app that makes WJZ 105.7 available, but I had trouble getting it work. Is that about the limit of options for that station if you live out of state? I've done several Google searches and IHeartRadio doesn't have it either. I have pretty much memorized those Flo Progressive, KARS for Kids ads and every CBS TV weeknight ad. Total overkill. When WBAL was the flagship, the ad blitz was not like this on Tune-In.

I'm in NC, so I listen to the MLB At Bat app if I'm in my car and can't see the game on MASN. I do enjoy the postgame show whether it's the WJZ staff, but even more if it's Tom Davis and Dave Johnson. I also like Rob Long and Scott Garceau when I have time to listen. But some of the online radio services like Tune-In Radio and Radio.com seemed to have dramatically increased their amount of online radio ads they insert into programming. Last night, I had to hear a full half hour of ads before I heard any live radio. I do know there's a cbs-local app that makes WJZ 105.7 available, but I had trouble getting it work. Is that about the limit of options for that station if you live out of state? I've done several Google searches and IHeartRadio doesn't have it either. I have pretty much memorized those Flo Geico ads and every CBS TV weeknight ad. Total overkill. When WBAL was the flagship, the ad blitz was not like this on Tune-In.

I think you can listen postgame on the MLBTV Gameday app. Not watch.

I think you can listen postgame on the MLBTV Gameday app. Not watch.

True. And I've done that. But I had a gig that ended about a half hour after the game and you can't join a game on At Bat after it's ended. If you have been listening, it will stay with the postgame for a good while, but I could not get to the game while it was happening (checking the score on my phone on top of my amp between every few songs).

I did just see that Tune-In had 1300 AM and I went to it immediately with no ad. Do they carry the postgame (when it's not blocked out by MLB for those of us who stream online)?

Edit: btw, 1300 has a CBS national talk show like 105.7 does when the game is actually on. Was just testing now to see what 1300 does ad-wise.

Gonna try an experiment with all of the O's affiliates I can find that have online radio to see if I can get directly to the postgame on Tune-In. http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/schedule/affiliates.jsp Btw 105.7 is jammed constantly with the same 8 or so ads till anything live comes in. Even now. I tried the Annapolis station WNAV and it goes right to their programming. I just am often away from TV and in the car or someplace lately. My habit is to listen to almost the entire postgame if I can.

Okay. Results: WHGM-FM had the game itself streaming on In-Tune radio. I didn't think that was possible. I was just checking what the ads situation was and I heard the call of the Davis out to end the game. But I'm not complaining. And it's just the O's network's ads, not the canned online radio ones. Weird.

True. And I've done that. But I had a gig that ended about a half hour after the game and you can't join a game on At Bat after it's ended. If you have been listening, it will stay with the postgame for a good while, but I could not get to the game while it was happening (checking the score on my phone on top of my amp between every few songs).

I did just see that Tune-In had 1300 AM and I went to it immediately with no ad. Do they carry the postgame (when it's not blocked out by MLB for those of us who stream online)?

Edit: btw, 1300 has a CBS national talk show like 105.7 does when the game is actually on. Was just testing now to see what 1300 does ad-wise.

Not sure. I will check it out though!

Gonna try an experiment with all of the O's affiliates I can find that have online radio to see if I can get directly to the postgame on Tune-In. http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/schedule/affiliates.jsp Btw 105.7 is jammed constantly with the same 8 or so ads till anything live comes in. Even now. I tried the Annapolis station WNAV and it goes right to their programming. I just am often away from TV and in the car or someplace lately. My habit is to listen to almost the entire postgame if I can.

Okay. Results: WHGM-FM had the game itself streaming on In-Tune radio. I didn't think that was possible. I was just checking what the ads situation was and I heard the call of the Davis out to end the game. But I'm not complaining. And it's just the O's network's ads, not the canned online radio ones. Weird.

Good find!

Archived