Travis Snider needs to go! (DFA)

sportsfan8703

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the very least come up with a sketchy injury (stubbing his toe in the parking lot), put him on the DL and give someone else a shot.

Walker or Alvarez or even Mancini would work for me.

Anyone but snider. Bring up walker or Mancini and use Davis in the OF with parra and jones.

Bring up Alvarez and it's a straight swap in the OF.

We don't need Jason Garcia on this team imho. Not with what I've seen from Givend so far.

He's gone when Pearce returns IMO. They don't want to burn service time and options on young players for a cup of coffee in the meantime.

I agree, I can see this being their view, however I don't understand all the love for Steve Pearce. It's like since he's been hurt we all think he was doing better than he was. His season has been pretty mediocre as well, I don't think he's the solution. Adding Walker or Alvarez would be better than Pearce/Snider IMO

I agree, I can see this being their view, however I don't understand all the love for Steve Pearce. It's like since he's been hurt we all think he was doing better than he was. His season has been pretty mediocre as well, I don't think he's the solution. Adding Walker or Alvarez would be better than Pearce/Snider IMO

Pearce has hit .292/.333/.446 since the beginning of June. He's been doing pretty well but still wasn't cracking the lineup much. He's still useful because he hits left handed pitching and has a ton of defensive versatility. His leash was too short this season after being one of the best players on the team last year in my opinion. Of course, everyone's leash was too short with all of the options. Except Delmon Young, his leash was way too long.

You must have a lot more faith in either Walker or Alvarez than I do. Their numbers in AAA are not impressive, both have defensive question marks, and Alvarez's approach is not something I want to watch at all.

Pearce has hit .292/.333/.446 since the beginning of June. He's been doing pretty well but still wasn't cracking the lineup much. He's still useful because he hits left handed pitching and has a ton of defensive versatility. His leash was too short this season after being one of the best players on the team last year in my opinion. Of course, everyone's leash was too short with all of the options. Except Delmon Young, his leash was way too long.

You must have a lot more faith in either Walker or Alvarez than I do. Their numbers in AAA are not impressive, both have defensive question marks, and Alvarez's approach is not something I want to watch at all.

Those numbers do suggest a positive trend, but how many games did he actually play in June? It couldn't have been very many at all. Furthermore, I'm not expecting him to just get off the couch and pick up where he left off. Who knows when he's coming back, can we really afford him to get readjusted while were in the playoff hunt.

Those numbers do suggest a positive trend, but how many games did he actually play in June? It couldn't have been very many at all. Furthermore, I'm not expecting him to just get off the couch and pick up where he left off. Who knows when he's coming back, can we really afford him to get readjusted while were in the playoff hunt.
It doesn't matter , we don't need Snider's LH bat, with Parra. We need Pearce's RH bat to platoon at DH/LF/1B, along with Reimold.

You'd rather watch Snider's "approach", if you even want to call it that at this point??

He hasn't for a long while yet people like to whip out his WAR and not actually use their eyeballs. I would love to cut bait with him and Reimold and bring up Alvarez and maybe Clevenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree

Regular playing time...

The problem is that he has a limited upside

He's pretty much a zero tool player. Can't run, defend, hit for average, hit for power, and doesn't have a particularly strong throwing arm.

Haha agreed!

In hindsight, there were too many cooks in the OF kitchen earlier this year. No matter what happens with Parra the rest of the way, he needs to start nearly every game.

The platoon outfield was a bad idea at its conception. The Parra signing (or something similar) should have been addressed last offseason.

What does WAR have to do with anything as far as Snider is concerned? Most of his WAR this year was defense driven, and from earlier in the year. From the beginning of July, he's been ice cold, and we need production now.

He has also been getting little playing time. He strikes me as the kind of player that needs regular playing time to do well and I don't think he's going to get that the rest of the year (not with us anyway).

That's the problem with the Church of Sabermetrics. Anyone with two eyes and a basic understanding of baseball could identify that he isn't a particularly good defender.

I want to see all the huge fans of trading Tarpley for this bum come out and fess up.

A lot of people thought DD found a cheaper Nick Markakis and was the smartest guy in the room....

Not giving Cruz that extra year cost us a lot. Cost us in the clubhouse for morale IMO, cost in offense and cost us by throwing junk against the wall and praying.

We don't need Jason Garcia on this team imho. Not with what I've seen from Givens so far.

This organization needs to stock its farm system as much as possible. We've already given several innings to Garcia earlier this year. Might as well stash him on our roster for the rest of the month, hide him when rosters expand and keep him with the O's for years to come.

This organization needs to stock its farm system as much as possible. We've already given several innings to Garcia earlier this year. Might as well stash him on our roster for the rest of the month, hide him when rosters expand and keep him with the O's for years to come.

Well maybe they should keep their prospects (Davies) instead of trading them for rental players then. Just a thought.

I want to see all the huge fans of trading Tarpley for this bum come out and fess up.

A lot of people thought DD found a cheaper Nick Markakis and was the smartest guy in the room....

Not giving Cruz that extra year cost us a lot. Cost us in the clubhouse for morale IMO, cost in offense and cost us by throwing junk against the wall and praying.

I'll admit that I actually thought the idea of accumulating as many corner OFs as possible (quantity over quality) would work out as at least two of the combination of Snider, De Aza, Lough, Pearce, Young, Parmelee, Reimold, etc. could be serviceable as starters. Guess not...

Archived