Has Buck lost control of the clubhouse (and his senses)?

webbrick2010

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only reason the Giants are in the race is because of how fantasically bad their division is, and how much everyone the dodgers locker room hates each other.

I would say that the only time we haven't been as good as the Giants is in October. The Giants are one of the least impressive baseball champions I have seen in decades. Their World Series heroes included Edgar Renteria (the old version), Aubrey Huff, David Ross, and Marco Scutaro. Mad Bum is an absolute beast, but as far as championship rosters go, theirs are relatively low on the historical totem pole.

Did anything happen between the dark times of 1998 through 2011 and November of 2014?

You examined "the roots", and conveniently omitted anything that might undermine your credibility on the matter.

Nah, MSK doesn't have much credibility in OH with those that watch his posts, when the team is winning and doing well, he disappears, thrives on being negative.

Nah, MSK doesn't have much credibility in OH with those that watch his posts, when the team is winning and doing well, he disappears, thrives on being negative.

Man oh man you just love to go with whatever the most popular or favorable mode of consensus is around here don't you? Especially when it allows you to talk down to other posters? Never seen anyone else here who does that as much. It's like riding on other's coatails never going against the grain on anthing ever!

I'm not even going to ask this [OP] question. It'd be a good way to lose a great source.

In truth, if you want to see what a "he's lost the clubhouse" situation resembles, just rewind to the days of Ray Miller's "don't ask me, ask those millionaires out there" quotes. 2015 - from here on the outside - looks about as close to that as Mars does. On the inside, again I'm not willing to ask but I'm willing to speculate that Show has not "lost" anybody who's still on the roster.

As a poster who similarly "disappeared" over the same timeframe, it was more than when things are going well, it's been much easier to sit back and trust the organization, enjoy the players, and read the more interesting threads.

During the bad times, the content on here is much more "what should we do to climb out of this", which is by nature, more user driven. Those threads have positive folks and negative folks, but everyone is throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

During the good times, the content revolves around game threads, food at the ballpark, history, and other stuff that I personally don't have a ton of interest participating in (but certainly read).

I would say that the only time we haven't been as good as the Giants is in October. The Giants are one of the least impressive baseball champions I have seen in decades. Their World Series heroes included Edgar Renteria (the old version), Aubrey Huff, David Ross, and Marco Scutaro. Mad Bum is an absolute beast, but as far as championship rosters go, theirs are relatively low on the historical totem pole.

The Giants pitching is light years ahead of the Orioles. To try and convince yourself otherwise is just foolish. And their player development team is far superior. They usually get immediate returns on players they bring up, more so than probably ly every other team but the Cardinals.

Man oh man you just love to go with whatever the most popular or favorable mode of consensus is around here don't you? Especially when it allows you to talk down to other posters? Never seen anyone else here who does that as much. It's like riding on other's coatails never going against the grain on anthing ever!

Sorry, I am not a fair weather fan of this team, nor do I jump on the mode of consensus.

Just because I don't agree with your opinions most of the time.

I find it funny that you talk about talking down to other posters, you might want to look into the mirror.

Still the dumbest possible comment about my participation.

This is so incredibly untrue. LOL

In any case, my core ideas have remained the same - how about addressing the ISSUE at hand? DD and the Orioles FO - by inactivity - botched our window for contention.

Thanks.

MSK

In any case, my core ideas have remained the same - how about addressing the ISSUE at hand? DD and the Orioles FO - by inactivity - botched our window for contention.

Thanks.

MSK

Discussion, you mean bashing?

You have an agenda and I am not going to contribute to it.

It has been a disappointing season, but that's is baseball, unfortunately.

To say that DD and the FO has done nothing by inactivity, is laughable.

You can keep harping over Miller, Cruz and Markakis all you want, that doesn't change things here.

You do realize that Markakis is listed as the worst contract the Braves have?

Remember 2013, things didn't work out, they retooled and had a pretty darn good 2014.

So lets not write off 2016 yet, hell, you can't write off 2015, yet.

You can keep harping over Miller, Cruz and Markakis all you want, that doesn't change things here.

Remember 2013, things didn't work out, they retooled and had a pretty darn good 2014.

Okay, here's my point: we can let Markakis go. AAAA options can get you through a season for a corner outfield position.

You let Cruz go - fine - but where are you going to get that kind of production again without spending money on a lengthy contract for a quality FA? There's no way AAAA talent can match Cruz's production. DD put a great deal of emphasis on the returns of Davis, Wieters and Machado, hoping that they would make up ground for the loss of Cruz.

That was a major tactical error on his part. That's when the inactivity comes into play. He should have gotten someone in here other than DeAza, Snider, Lough, Reimold or Young. They aren't of Cruz's caliber. Period.

Then Miller walking wasn't the end of the world, but look at our bullpen. Heck, look at our starting rotation. We needed at least ONE SP and a bullpen arm to keep us in the playoff race.

All of that is INACTIVITY. Now they're scrambling around at the last minute trying to plug holes in a sinking ship when ALL OF THIS could have been taken care of back in December of 2014.

That's my point. There's literally no excuse for the lack of movement back then.

MSK

I've literally been saying this all month!

Thanks.

MSK

The issue at hand is whether Buck lost the clubhouse and there has been some decline in fundamentals. The thread title. There have been numerous threads for saying "I told you so" about Duquette. Even if you are right, I don't know why every single thread on this board has to come back to this.

The issue at hand is whether Buck lost the clubhouse and there has been some decline in fundamentals. The thread title. There have been numerous threads for saying "I told you so" about Duquette. Even if you are right, I don't know why every single thread on this board has to come back to this.

Because certain posters have agendas and its the same thing, over and over and over.

:deadhorse:

My opinion, Buck is frustrated of course, and the team is too, they don't like losing either.

Like Jones said the other day, they are professionals and the next day, they go out and get ready to play again.

Have you see one tweet from a player, or anything from the beat reporters that have access to the clubhouse that Buck has lost the clubhouse?

Not even the famous, anonymous sources, either.

Because certain posters have agendas and its the same thing, over and over and over.

:deadhorse:

My opinion, Buck is frustrated of course, and the team is too, they don't like losing either.

Like Jones said the other day, they are professionals and the next day, they go out and get ready to play again.

Have you see one tweet from a player, or anything from the beat reporters that have access to the clubhouse that Buck has lost the clubhouse?

Not even the famous, anonymous sources, either.

Some people want to beat a dead horse, others want to gloss over the fact that a team that cruised to the AL East championship last year and had championship hopes is now on the verge of playing themselves out of the playoffs.

I think the fair approach is to admit the Orioles screwed up this offseason. They plugged in some suspect players and were hoping to get more out of, they relied to much on guys coming back and improving and finally they discounted the possibility of the pitching in particular, regressing. All those things led us to this point and the organization and DD cant gripe they are getting raked over the coals about it. Last year they got a lot of justly deserved credit for the offseason they had, this year they are getting justly lambasted.

DD deserves the opportunity to retool the team this offseason and show that this past season was an unfortunate confluence of events. He has his work cut out for him but I do think he can get it done so long as he has the financial flexibility. I think DD has more than earned the right to fix this.

Archived