More Fallout from the Duquette mess: Troy Tulowitzki

25 Nuggets

That's why you trade for players who will be under team control for a couple of years.

Oh well, we shall see how this plays out.

MSK

You and I will have to agree to disagree on the value you think we would have gotten in trade for our expiring assets and compare that to what we would get in a comp pick.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You and I will have to agree to disagree on the value you think we would have gotten in trade for our expiring assets and compare that to what we would get in a comp pick.

It's cool. There's a slight possibility DD will be forced to redeem himself in the eyes of his colleagues and will work hard to put together a real contender for 2016 and beyond.

In the meantime, they should definitely go for the international scene if they don't wish to spend serious money in FA.

MSK

The Orioles recent history at failing to take advantage of comp picks, doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings.

It's cool. There's a slight possibility DD will be forced to redeem himself in the eyes of his colleagues and will work hard to put together a real contender for 2016 and beyond.

In the meantime, they should definitely go for the international scene if they don't wish to spend serious money in FA.

MSK

I don't think Dan has the power to go all in on the international market.

I think ownership is very much adverse to giving that much money to 16 year olds.

Toronto is getting to enjoy their 2012. And they sold all their good young players to do so. The won't get another year like we had in 2014 though.

Why not? They have almost everyone coming back other than David Price. They will return with the best offense in baseball and I don't see why they wouldn't be picked to win the division next season. They may not have the pitching but neither does anyone else in the AL East.

I don't think Dan has the power to go all in on the international market.

I think ownership is very much adverse to giving that much money to 16 year olds.

I think Andy MacPhail poisoned that well as long as Peter lives. Andy went there for six months. And he headed the MLB reform committee regarding Domincan System abuse.

Now that the revolution has begun, my ignore list grows a little every day, just so I can stand it here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RTZoJ01FpD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Revolution is here.

Now that the revolution has begun, my ignore list grows a little every day, just so I can stand it here.

In my entire history on the OH, I've never put anyone on "ignore."

Even if people disagree, I don't mind reading it. "Ignoring" someone on a message board is... I dunno what kind of word to use. Passive aggressive is too light and mean-spirited is going too far.

Oh well...

MSK

Well the posit of this thread is stupid. So a prospect the BJs werent going to give up for DD goes to Colorado for TT. How is that DDs fault?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Of course it's not DD's fault. But the happenstance continues to evolve badly. Me, I blame the Blue Jays. Because Cito Sucks. :cussing:

In my entire history on the OH, I've never put anyone on "ignore."

Even if people disagree, I don't mind reading it. "Ignoring" someone on a message board is... I dunno what kind of word to use. Passive aggressive is too light and mean-spirited is going too far.

Oh well...

MSK

Ditto. I've had my quarrels. But throughout it all, I don't ignore people. Well, at least systematically. I've learned to grow some thick skin here. I recall that Sports Guy ripped me so badly in my first few months in 2007 that I couldn't believe fans of the same team would treat each other that badly, but even then, I didn't put him on ignore... I just learned to ignore him in the traditional sense... I'm not a stats guy, per se, and I understand their importance when making a salient point (which I learned here), but much of what appears on this board is opinion, and that's fine with me; I'm filled with opinion, good and bad.

Archived