Adam Jones

fastball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would look into trading him. He's 30 years old now. By the time we're competitive again he'll likely be into decline.

Hitters who lack plate discipline usually drop off harder after 30 than most players.

I can agree with this. It was fun and Adam was awesome but let's get something while his stock is still up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Adam is traded you'd have to trade Manny and Britton too.

I'd trade Britton for a good return or consider him for the rotation. I would not trade Manny I would try to build around him and Schoop with that being said I would try to extend Manny.

-

He's obviously playing hurt or injured

Do you think Jones wants to sit out?

If he isn't likely to hurt himself worse then I think you cause more issues then you solve.

I would start resting at least one starter a game at this point.

No way would I have had Manny, Jones and Schoop all playing all three games on the turf.

I don't think it's necessary to play Jones everyday. Nor Schoop and Machado. But I think Buck likes doing it. He thinks it builds up their stamina.

I also think playing 162 could be a mental benefit for Machado coming off of two reconstructive knee surgeries.

I don't think it's necessary to play Jones everyday. Nor Schoop and Machado. But I think Buck likes doing it. He thinks it builds up their stamina.

I also think playing 162 could be a mental benefit for Machado coming off of two reconstructive knee surgeries.

I think 158 would be plenty enough games for Machado.

I don't think anyone on the team should have play 20 games in a row without an off-day. (except a full time DH)

Can they afford Davis, Jones and signing Manny long-term? I think it just makes sense to trade Jones, as much as I like him. Gotta get that young, cheap talent. Britton should go too. They actually have some organizational depth in relievers. Trade from strength. Some payroll relief there as well since Britton should be due a hefty raise in arbitration.

I would look into trading him. He's 30 years old now. By the time we're competitive again he'll likely be into decline.

Hitters who lack plate discipline usually drop off harder after 30 than most players.

I just absolutely love this.

Can they afford Davis, Jones and signing Manny long-term? I think it just makes sense to trade Jones, as much as I like him. Gotta get that young, cheap talent. Britton should go too. They actually have some organizational depth in relievers. Trade from strength. Some payroll relief there as well since Britton should be due a hefty raise in arbitration.

No one should be untouchable. If the trade is right for the better of the organization, then I'm all for it. But that said, I've lost all confidence that Duquette is capable of making that judgment.

Archived