Ruben is Fired

weams

Amaro is the poster boy for GMs who signed aging vets to bad contracts, but more than a few people thought he may have forestalled his fate before McPhail arrived. The death knell was sounded when Andy came to town even though Ruben had come away with a decent haul for Utley and Hamels.

He could never live down the failure of not dealing away Lee and Howard when he had the chance.

Amaro is the poster boy for GMs who signed aging vets to bad contracts, but more than a few people thought he may have forestalled his fate before McPhail arrived. The death knell was sounded when Andy came to town even though Ruben had come away with a decent haul for Utley and Hamels.

He could never live down the failure of not dealing away Lee and Howard when he had the chance.

Philly is slowly turning into a pretty desirable landing spot. I'll be interested to see who winds up there.

Right. No shot he gets the job with the Angels?

I have heard he is the leading candidate -- not sure how he feels about being sandwiched between Moreno and Scioccia, given what down with his predecessor. If there is another option on the table I'm not sure which direction he goes.

I have heard he is the leading candidate -- not sure how he feels about being sandwiched between Moreno and Scioccia, given what down with his predecessor. If there is another option on the table I'm not sure which direction he goes.

Yeah, tough to turn down a GM gig if it's his only offer, but I sure wouldn't want to be stuck between the megalomania of those two in Anaheim.

Archived