BoltonBob Sounds Off to Customer Service!

BoltonBob

Note the "new" StubHub reference in the PR release about non being able to exchange them. Earlier today I wrote: "Long time O's fan and supporter in BMore and FL. - not so good fan experience this time - Flew into BWI Wednesday for the final 2 series from FL. When the Thurs nite game was moved to noon, (I have 6 tickets) only 2 of my guests could attend. I followed the announced policy of trying to exchange the last 4, but as "3rd party (Stub Hub) Oriole tickets," (never in fan exchange announcement) I was unable to trade them in for another 2015 game. Can someone in your office/Camden Yards assist me?

The ticketing Mgr. referred me the StubHub, saying they and the O's "Have a good relationship!" BUT, StubHub has no capacity to exchange - only the O's can do this. - Orioles Customer relations said "By buying them through third parties, [stubhub] there is no monetary transaction with us directly, so there is no "value" to really work with. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I replied: the "value" (ticket price) was given to Orioles from the original purchaser! You have the money! [TAKE THAT!] Not to "swap" any prepaid tickets for a rescheduled game time from 7 pm to 12 noon third party or not.... shows a poor "customer service attitude." Any not to put the "fine print" of exchanging tickets in your press releases is deceptive!

Note the "new" StubHub reference in the PR release about non being able to exchange them. Earlier today I wrote: "Long time O's fan and supporter in BMore and FL. - not so good fan experience this time - Flew into BWI Wednesday for the final 2 series from FL. When the Thurs nite game was moved to noon, (I have 6 tickets) only 2 of my guests could attend. I followed the announced policy of trying to exchange the last 4, but as "3rd party (Stub Hub) Oriole tickets," (never in fan exchange announcement) I was unable to trade them in for another 2015 game. Can someone in your office/Camden Yards assist me?

The ticketing Mgr. referred me the StubHub, saying they and the O's "Have a good relationship!" BUT, StubHub has no capacity to exchange - only the O's can do this. - Orioles Customer relations said "By buying them through third parties, [stubhub] there is no monetary transaction with us directly, so there is no "value" to really work with. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I replied: the "value" (ticket price) was given to Orioles from the original purchaser! You have the money! [TAKE THAT!] Not to "swap" any prepaid tickets for a rescheduled game time from 7 pm to 12 noon third party or not.... shows a poor "customer service attitude." Any not to put the "fine print" of exchanging tickets in your press releases is deceptive!

You need tickets for tomorrow?

The Noon game?

OK, I also ended my comment with:

FYI, I, annually, attend 10-12 preseason games in Sarasota, do a small amount of writing about the O's, players, "spring training experiences," etc. and take groups to O's - Rays games @ the nearby TROP. - I come North 2-3 times a year, taking 10-15 friends and family at a time to O's games.

Been a lifelong O's fan since 1958. Never ask for any "freebies" from the O's - just good value.

Go Home Mr. Fan Services Team Person. Keep your excuses and apologies to your self as I have heard them All !

A cold and wet O's Fan up from Florida,

Bob Brinkman (BoltonBob) & wife Cathy

OK, I also ended my comment with:

FYI, I, annually, attend 10-12 preseason games in Sarasota, do a small amount of writing about the O's, players, "spring training experiences," etc. and take groups to O's - Rays games @ the nearby TROP. - I come North 2-3 times a year, taking 10-15 friends and family at a time to O's games.

Been a lifelong O's fan since 1958. Never ask for any "freebies" from the O's - just good value.

Go Home Mr. Fan Services Team Person. Keep your excuses and apologies to your self as I have heard them All !

A cold and wet O's Fan up from Florida,

Bob Brinkman (BoltonBob) & wife Cathy

The Orioles customer service has gone way down.It started with everyone had to get at least a 20 game plan and then that didn't work so you can have a 13 game plan.Also,if you remember the new season ticket holders did not get good information. Ticket packages and prices were way late.They don't communicate. Been a season ticket holder for a long time.Never get a call or anything to see how it is going. Nationals called me twice and numerous emails. Seemed to get overwhelmed with the new season ticket holders and never caught up.

I use StubHub a lot as it gets better seats/cheaper prices than buying direct.

The thing that confuses me is I have gotten emails directly from Orioles (and Phillies) as if I bought tickets directly form the team. The day before game email with starting pitchers etc. and the day after "recap" email.

This would lead me to believe I'm buying off StubHub but still from the team itself. Am I not?

The Orioles customer service has gone way down.It started with everyone had to get at least a 20 game plan and then that didn't work so you can have a 13 game plan.Also,if you remember the new season ticket holders did not get good information. Ticket packages and prices were way late.They don't communicate. Been a season ticket holder for a long time.Never get a call or anything to see how it is going. Nationals called me twice and numerous emails. Seemed to get overwhelmed with the new season ticket holders and never caught up.
You need tickets for tomorrow?

The Noon game?

Much Thanks to Weams & JustD for the 2 tics - swapped them for 3 Sunday 3pm game tics - better weather and had a blast.

I use StubHub a lot as it gets better seats/cheaper prices than buying direct.

The thing that confuses me is I have gotten emails directly from Orioles (and Phillies) as if I bought tickets directly form the team. The day before game email with starting pitchers etc. and the day after "recap" email.

This would lead me to believe I'm buying off StubHub but still from the team itself. Am I not?

I too, buy from stub-hub, as they are cheaper than dealing with the Orioles directly, and I get the same emails from Orioles.com before and after the game.

Which makes me agree with you, these are Oriole unused tickets they are reselling through the 2nd party site.

I too, buy from stub-hub, as they are cheaper than dealing with the Orioles directly, and I get the same emails from Orioles.com before and after the game.

Which makes me agree with you, these are Oriole unused tickets they are reselling through the 2nd party site.

This just happened for Sunday's game.

Always suspected these are unused tics, O's want to "dump" on the secondary market. Reminds me of the Cubs and the "ticket broker" storefront near Wrigley that the Tribune (Cub's owner) ran. They got "estra money" for the scarce tics, rather than sell them the usual way.

Always suspected these are unused tics, O's want to "dump" on the secondary market. Reminds me of the Cubs and the "ticket broker" storefront near Wrigley that the Tribune (Cub's owner) ran. They got "extra money" for the scarce tics, rather than sell them the usual way.

The last time I went this year, and through stub-hub, I got section 61 for the Twins and it was only $17 a seat and that was with service fees, and that was only 2 days before the actual game.

The last time I went this year, and through stub-hub, I got section 61 for the Twins and it was only $17 a seat and that was with service fees, and that was only 2 days before the actual game.

Final 7 games, most tics on StubHub were $6 + fees = $10 each. If O's doin' this, kinda screws season tic holders out of a "fair price."

Final 7 games, most tics on StubHub were $6 + fees = $10 each. If O's doin' this, kinda screws season tic holders out of a "fair price."

True. I was in town when they had their final series against the Red Sox. You could get front row upper deck seats centered behind home plate for $6 each, and there were great VERY cheap tickets available everywhere. I wound up buying front row seats right behind the Orioles dugout for a very good price. (Unfortunately, I wound up with a front-row view of Pedroia hitting 2 homers in that 10-1 blowout)

I do not disagree with you, whatsoever!

The O's have to be doing this, based on the emails before and after the event, as soon as the tickets were purchased.

Archived