Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Note from Baltimore:the 3 Tiger pitchers the O's beat in the '14 ALDS are now signed for $607M</p>— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) <a href="

">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The light will shine on all of us when Dan comes down from the mountain with Zobrist, Davis, Greinke, and the rights to whole lost tribe of Korea.

I understand he is pursuing a lost tribe of Jewish Koreans whose passage to adulthood includes years of land mine tossing. Those guys can throw.

Trading Trumbo allowed Seattle to sign Nori Aoki

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mariners agree to aoki deal. <a href="https://t.co/dCAZvcDJk3">https://t.co/dCAZvcDJk3</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Trading Trumbo allowed Seattle to sign Nori Aoki

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mariners agree to aoki deal. <a href="https://t.co/dCAZvcDJk3">https://t.co/dCAZvcDJk3</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

So Seattle's Ozuna demand is down. I imagine he's another slugger iron in the fire for us.

It is my assumption that Nick's BABIP will regress next season. But it's also my assumption that he will have some modest power gains. His Marcel projection for next year (which is the only one I've seen to date) is .275/.342/.377. That's very close to what he did in 2014 (.276/.342/.386). That seems like a reasonable guess to me, though I'd certainly acknowledge that a sub-.700 OPS is not out of the question (see 2013).

While the fan part of me would love to see Nick back in Baltimore, the analyst part of me just wants to see better performance in the corner OF spots than we saw in 2015, no matter who is out there.

I'm shocked that you do not have more faith in Nick. This is the first off season in a while that Nick has been healthy. I expect that he will workout and gain strength this off season. There is a good chance he has his best year since 2012 next year.

Fangraphs just published the ZiPS projections for the Braves. They proiect Nick at .276/.343/.366.

I'm sure whatever STL/BOS are using to calculate are more accurate (and at a minimum better informed). I was just doing back-of-napkin scratching. But, yeah, I think it gets in the ballpark.

Seems like those numbers assume he never misses the bulk of any one season in that stretch due to injury.

What are the chances of that happening?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bro in law gone to OAK

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="pl" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw">@keithlaw</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Padres?src=hash">#Padres</a> sending 1B Yonder Alonso, LHP Marc Rzepczynski to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Athletics?src=hash">#Athletics</a> for LHP Drew Pomeranz, minor-league LHP Jose Torres.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems like those numbers assume he never misses the bulk of any one season in that stretch due to injury.

What are the chances of that happening?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My rough estimate discounted for injury/decline risk.

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
The
#Indians
and
#Orioles
have both expressed an interest in free agent outfielder Will Venable, sources say.
? Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick)
December 2, 2015

Not sure what purpose he could serve, so I'm inclined to basically ignore this.

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Most Similar through age 32

Franklin Gutierrez (961)

Gary Geiger (956)

Cito Gaston (953)

Mitch Webster (951)

John Shelby (949)

Leon Roberts (945)

Chuck Hinton (943)

Gary Redus (938)

Harry Simpson (937)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/venabwi01.shtml

Position: Outfielder

Bats: Left, Throws: Left

PARRA

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
The
#Indians
and
#Orioles
have both expressed an interest in free agent outfielder Will Venable, sources say.
December 2, 2015

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cheap Outfielder with a little speed. Doesn't excite me at all.

The
#Indians
and
#Orioles
December 2, 2015

Mark Trumbo's glove.

Archived