Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

You're stuck with those age 30+ years if he doesn't opt out. Lot's of reasons why he wouldn't.

It's definitely a gamble. No argument. I think the odds are decent that, barring a serious injury, he'd be looking to opt out after 3-4 years, if not sooner. But it's definitely risky. I think it'd be less risky than Davis' probable contract, though.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And when he gets older and his speed starts to go - then what? I need a lot more crooked numbers to drop that kind of coin into a guy.

He's so young. That is how this is driven. And if he gets an opt out, that advantage goes away too. Obviously, Atlanta won the Heyward trade. Just like Boston won the Miller trade and Milwaukee won the Davies trade.

And when he gets older and his speed starts to go - then what? I need a lot more crooked numbers to drop that kind of coin into a guy.

Here's your crooked numbers over the last 4 seasons: 6.5, 3.4, 5.2, 6.0

21.2 wins by fWAR is 7th best in MLB over the last 4 seasons.

You're stuck with those age 30+ years if he doesn't opt out. Lot's of reasons why he wouldn't.

But at the rate that revenues (and salaries) are increasing is it even going to look like a bad deal if he is even a 2 win in eight years? It won't be worse then the last couple years of the Markakis deal.

Archived