Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

Maybe the M's would like to get rid of Cruz and his big salary. Then we move the warehouse and the RF wall to LF, and we'd be all set with our RH power hitters. It shouldn't cost more than a few hundred million.

Just move home plate to first base. Easy.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah i thought so but wasn't 100%. Too bad, I liked him as a possible O'Day 2.0. I do love my submariners having been one myself though I'm a lefty not a righty like Ben and Darren.

Rowan throws 80 MPH. He'll struggle to get major leaguers out regularly.

Maybe the M's would like to get rid of Cruz and his big salary. Then we move the warehouse and the RF wall to LF, and we'd be all set with our RH power hitters. It shouldn't cost more than a few hundred million.

I'm sure that he won't be a Dipoto darling.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trumbo: “I'm extremely excited to be headed to a new location & a team that I’ve always had a heck of a lot of respect for playing against."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Mariners have been very generous to us over the years.

Orioles got:

Adam Jones (AB: 4,589 H: 1,284, HR: 193, RBI: 647, SB: 79, AVG: .280, OPS: .786)

Kam Mickolio (W-L: 0-3, ERA: 4.32, IP: 25.0, SO: 26, WHIP: 1.52)

C.J. Riefenhauser (Nothing yet)

George Sherrill (W-L: 3-6, ERA: 3.71, SV: 51, IP: 94.2, SO: 97, WHIP: 1.34)

Chris Tillman (W-L: 56-42, ERA: 4.20, IP: 853.1, SO: 631, WHIP: 1.32)

Mark Trumbo (Nothing yet)

Mariners got:

Erik Bedard (W-L: 15-14, ERA: 3.31, IP: 255.1, SO: 249, WHIP: 1.23)

Steve Clevenger (Nothing yet)

*stats are how they did for the team they got traded to.

And Mickolio helped the Orioles acquire Mark Reynolds.

Plus they spun Sherrill to get Steve Johnson, who was DFA because of the Trumbo trade.

Circle of Life.

Roch Kubatko www.masnsports.com

"I always thought very highly of the way the Orioles compete on both sides of the ball," he said. "Especially being a hitter, I've always admired the at-bats that the guys are able to put together. I'm really looking forward to being a part of it and fitting in. Having some versatility, if needed. Driving in some runs and hopefully hit a few home runs, as well."

Trumbo has played in pitcher-friendly ballparks in Anaheim and Seattle. Now, he's got a chance to take his swings at Camden Yards.

"I'm really looking forward to it," he said. "I really like the way I see the ball at Camden Yard and I think it should be a real treat to have the opportunity. I think the biggest thing for a power-hitter like me is maybe not hit it completely flush and still have an opportunity to hit a home run, and I think that's going to be the case here."

Reifenhauser (sp?) sounds like he has a chance to make the O's as a lefty reliever. He's been awful in 20 MLB innings but did very well in both AA (0.88 WHIP) and AAA.

If he gives the team quality left handed innings, this would be Duquette's best trade to date.

Whether we deal Matusz or not we will see him at some point this year just because he has an option. Then going into 2017 Rifenhauser and Mac would both be out of options and battling to be the lefty.

Matusz and Flarethy could fetch us a few good prospects, or maybe an average big leaguer. Keep the trade baits around, you'll need them

Archived