Camden Yards is the best park in the league. Am I being a homer?

winkies

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busch Stadium and Citizen's Bank Park (Philly) are cool too. THe worst stadium is Toronto's. The slab of concrete that the players play on is just like the one that the fans sit in.My goal is to visit them all. Last year KC and ST.L. This year Mil and Minn.

Ive been to:

OPACY & Memorial Stadium

Fenway

Old Yankee Stadium

Toronto - old and new

Tampa

Old Tiger Stadium & CoMerica

Old Clevleand (DUMP)

Kingdome

Oakland

Anaheim

Nats New

Philly - The Vet

Marlins - Old and New

Pitt - 3 Rivers

Chavez Ravine

Old San Diego

Candlestick (DUMP)

The Worst Ones:

Old Toronto

Old Cleveland

Oakland

Tampa

Candlestick

*Old Tiger Stadium was a relic but it was a great place to watch baseball. Seems every place you could sit was close to the field.

If Pittsburgh didn't have the beautiful backdrop of the river and the yellow bridge no one would talk about it. There is no easy way to get around, it isn't very user-friendly, there's chain-link fence everywhere you go... We didn't like it one bit. We did get one of my favorite family selfies with Clemente, though. And, speaking of family, they've got a concession stand off to the side that is just for kids... $1 hot dogs, popcorn, kid-sized condiment cart.... That was pretty cool.

I've been to 18 different stadiums, iirc... The only one that gives Camden Yards a run for it's money is the new one in St. Louis. Really spectacular. For ease of use and food and amenities, Jacobs Field in Cleveland is fantastic. For just a sheer mass of stuff, you gotta go with Detroit... That place is something else... Ferris wheel, carousel, beer garden, separate side street inside the park with a full stage for music... Pretty crazy.

This summer we're taking the kids to see the Cubs (been there many times myself), Brewers, Twins, and Royals. I think that takes the family number from 13 to 17... We've got eight more years to knock them all out. I'm thinking Texas in 2017 plus a Philly/Toronto trip in there somewhere.

I've been to every major league park with the exception of Coors Field, New Busch,(been to old Busch),Miami new stadium, and Dodger stadium (going this year when the O's play there). OPACY is definitely the best. Closest is PNC park in Pittsburgh AT&T in San Francisco and Wrigley. Wrigley sitting in the bleachers was incredible. That is where I saw the Rally Bra. Seattle stadium is nice also, Great Salmon and Brisket there.

Not that anyone asked, but I've been to both new and old ballparks of 7 different teams (NYY, NYM, PIT, BAL, DC, DET, ATL). I've also been to more retired parks than current ones. :ohlord:

We had a thread about this years ago... here we go. That old thread roughly coincided with the birth of kid #2 so I haven't added much to it. Probably the only MLB park being Nats' Park. Added the Allianz Arena in Munich to my soccer list. Oh, and Regency Furniture Stadium where the Blue Crabs play.

That's what I think too. Both are fantastic stadiums, but I think I give PNC a slight edge.

sorry for the pet peeve but please don't refer to baseball-only venues as "stadiums". They are ballparks, and the plural of "stadium" is "stadia" anyway.

My list is not at all impressive:

Cleveland - Lakefront Stadium; Jacobs Field

Bawlmer - Memorial Stadium, OP@CY

DC - RFK Stadium, Nat Spark

Boston - Fenway Park

Chicago - Wrigley Field

NY - Yankee Stadium (1976-2008 version)

Archived