Unlikely Kim gets a start in the homestand now (KIM STARTS)

Sir_Loin

What's your take on the Kim dilemma?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What's your take on the Kim dilemma?

• I hope he succeeds here and is a regular
    • I wish he would have just taken the assignment to Norfolk
    • I really don't care what happens with Kim so long as we win

This poll is closed to new votes

They might as well send him to extended spring training and just play a man down rather than let him rot on the bench. I think as long as he is not officially demoted they should be able to do that. That way he could play in simulated games against live pitching and such. Bring him up if he does well, or if after a while he continues poorly, just release him.

Pretty sure that's not allowed. And that Kim wouldn't do it

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the above. Number three is my vote, since it overrides the other two. It really doesn't matter about Kim as long as the team is successful. I'll be rooting for every Oriole, as always. From time to time, I may wish that a particular player would be played more, sat more, promoted, demoted, signed, released, or traded; but it is far better, IMO, that the people the Orioles have in the positions to make these decisions make them, rather than us fans.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. #2 is meaningless as if he went to Norfolk we don't know if he becomes good or not. Why wouldn't you prefer him being successful? Makes no sense.

We won't know now either if he only plays once a week. At least at Norfolk, he can work on his game against actual live competition.

I hope Buck doesn't put Joey on the bench as a result of Kim playing. Please dh Kim or put Kim in left and Joey in center or right field. Joey has earned the right to play.

I do t think Buck would be dumb enough to do this...no way you sit Joey right now, no way.

First game of season for me and lucky me gets to watch stumble around in the OF, ugh, hope he DH's like you say.

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't choose option 1

Option 1 is the right answer... except if doesn't appear to be even remotely possible. If we're voting on things with no chance of happening, I hope Rickard wins AL MVP. So, rather than waste a 25man slot, I'd have liked for Kim spend some time in Norfolk getting regular ABs and see how he performs. I know it was his right to refuse that, no hard feelings there - the Os screwed up, but what's happening now is no good for anyone.

Kim should be given a chance to play. This is purely on the hands of the Orioles. Kim has been a successful player in Korea and in the WBC. It's pretty funny to me that the Orioles needed spring training to determine that he is not a MLB fielder. I think most of his problem is confidence.

I wish the guy would have went to Norfolk and been a TEAM player and proved his worth. WHICE HE DID NOT DO in ST.

Barring that the O's need to own up to the mistake pay the dude and cut him loose.

If Roy is correct about this guys bat speed no amount of time is going to get him ready any ways and he's at best replacement level with defense. JMHO

And if we win in spite of the guy yea who cares so all your answers are correct in one way. :P

This is not a situation to overthink... the Kim dilemma.

I am an Oriole fan and as such I root for the Baltimore Orioles. Kim is on the roster, so I will pull for him to be awesome. I also trust that he will either earn his place or lose it for the good of...that's right...the Baltimore Orioles. I hope and expect that DD will make judgment call if when necessary. You can blame DD for a lot of things and certainly many now express that this is a move the O's should not have made, but DD has demonstrated he is more than capable of walking away from mistakes.

So here is to Kim smacking Ordorizzi today. Early and often.

Cheers

The mistake was Duquette's. I think ownership didn't want to release Kin.

Or the mistake is Buck's and Kim can actually contribute at the ML level.

The gulf between his stats and first hand reports of what he is what in Korea and what he showed in limited action in ST is such that he can't be as bad as he looked.

Folks say level of competition and they are right but stuff like BB and K rate shouldn't change that dramatically.

Archived