Roch: Matusz Traded (along with draft pick)

Can_of_corn

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he blossoms, everyone in the Orioles organization should be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wanted him sent out yesterday. Now if he does good for his new team O's

coaches should fired? The way you feel about him you should be happy.

As the 5th OF on the bench and Alvarez in the DH spot, not sure, how much you expect Kim to play.

That isn't the point I was making.

I think it is pretty clear to me that Buck doesn't want Kim on the team. They tried to send him to the minors and when he refused, instead of eating the money, they put him on the 25.

I think that has more to do with not wanting to eat the money than some idea that they think Kim has some future value.

As the 5th OF on the bench and Alvarez in the DH spot, not sure, how much you expect Kim to play.

I would expect him and Reimold to both play a little more considering the current every day guy isn't playing well and is struggling vs RHP.

That isn't the point I was making.

I think it is pretty clear to me that Buck doesn't want Kim on the team. They tried to send him to the minors and when he refused, instead of eating the money, they put him on the 25.

I think that has more to do with not wanting to eat the money than some idea that they think Kim has some future value.

Agree, and I think the continued stubbornness to play him despite Rickard being below replacement level and putting up a 70 wRC+ against RHP is further evidence of this.

Has Lee actually accomplished something?

I mean don't get me wrong, if you won't use the international money than you should get what you can for it, but I wouldn't say Lee is a proven difference maker.

You have to see how ridiculous this argument is on two levels (1) You are assuming, without a shred of irony that the Orioles would have gotten a "difference maker" or close to that with the international slot they gave up for Lee and (2) Chris Lee is 23 playing above his age in AA, and seems to be progressing well enough, and certainly well above the expectations of the team that traded him.

You have to see how ridiculous this argument is on two levels (1) You are assuming' date=' without a shred of irony that the Orioles would have gotten a "difference maker" or close to that with the international slot they gave up for Lee and (2) Chris Lee is 23 playing above his age in AA, and seems to be progressing well enough, and certainly well above the expectations of the team that traded him.[/quote']

Where am I assuming that? I'm not assuming that at all.

Lee has a K rate of 3.3. I don't consider that progressing well enough. If you do than I'm happy for you.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Braves acquired Brian Matusz and the 76th pick in this year's Draft from the O's for Brandon Barker and Trevor Belicek</p>? Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="
">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I called it a week ago.

I am beyond furious.

Can I at least get huge amounts of rep from everyone?

Beyond furious? I thought you wanted Matusz gone. And the 76 pick is that so

bad?

Beyond furious? I thought you wanted Matusz gone. And the 76 pick is that so

bad?

I am vehemently opposed to selling draft picks.

I think it is very shortsighted and that Dan's continuing habit of not valuing draft picks is going to be a major contributing factor in a prolonged downturn in the team's performance in the near future.

Where am I assuming that? I'm not assuming that at all.

Lee has a K rate of 3.3. I don't consider that progressing well enough. If you do than I'm happy for you.

You clearly imply the trade was only worth doing if Lee is a "difference maker." What other meaning could you have? explain it to me.

And yea the K rate is down. he's also halved is BB/9 and cut his Hit/9 rate. Good signs and some not so good signs. In short, a developing player who was acquired for the right to sign a 16 year old kid.

I am vehemently opposed to selling draft picks.

I think it is very shortsighted and that Dan's continuing habit of not valuing draft picks is going to be a major contributing factor in a prolonged downturn in the team's performance in the near future.

Duquette doesn't "not value" draft picks, he values them considerably differently than many who post here.

You clearly imply the trade was only worth doing if Lee is a "difference maker." What other meaning could you have? explain it to me.

And yea the K rate is down. he's also halved is BB/9 and cut his Hit/9 rate. Good signs and some not so good signs. In short' date=' a developing player who was acquired for the right to sign a 16 year old kid.[/quote']

No I didn't imply that.

I stated that if you are not going to use the money then you might as well trade the slots.

And I also stated that I don't think Lee is a difference maker which was in reaction to other folks talking up Lee.

If you can give me some current examples of guys in the majors that have success with with a K rate that hovers around 3 I would love to see them.

Duquette doesn't "not value" draft picks, he values them considerably differently than many who post here.

I've not seen any evidence that he values them at all in his current role.

He probably does assign them some value, but you can't really see that by his actions.

Archived