Dan Duquette: Os to Be Active in Trade Market

weams

They were a contender. They were sellers and buyers. They won the Series.

Ok. Weird comparison. I just mentioned that they sold to upgrade the same position. And get rid of a Malcontent. But I will give your example. The most miracle comeback team of all time did exactly that. Traded from the 25 man roster.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as we're being crazy it minus well include an actual trade for a SP.

Givens for James Paxton of SEA.

Paxton is interesting, but I think they would want a bat.

Mancini for Paxton plus a MiL

Honestly I think Mancini is our best trade chip right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, your opinion of DD is not based in logic or facts. You say he screwed us, okay what should he have done/ should he do now.

People have asked how you plan to replace Schoop/ Trumbo production, and who would you target?

You have chosen to ignore these things.

So, once again, who should have DD gotten this offseason, who should he target now with Schoop/ Trumb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer last week was Latos and Fister. And kept Gonzalez.

I like Erasmo Ramirez. of TB. Wonder what it would take to pry him away. I don't think it would require Schoop.

I would like Ramirez as well. I don't know what it would take to get him but for some reason the Rays have decided he isn't starter material.

And yet nobody cares but Corn....

Board policy says you can't have a different opinion of DD or you get trolled.

Pray for Orlando. End the hate.

I don't care about if you hate DD for some reason but why put in every thread? If you think Trumbo and Schoop should be traded suggest for whom and who is going to take their place in the field. Why do you need two sentences to bash DD? They do nothing to prove your point about needing to trade regular players to help the team win.

Rene88 is to JTrea as Andy MacPhail is to Dan Duquette.

You sir are tiresome. You will join Drungo on my blocked list. I have tried being nice. If you don't like my posts, block them and stop being rude.

Pray for Orlando. End the hate.

You've got Drungo on your blocked list? The hell for? Sure he's condescending as hell but he's very fair and usually uses facts and logic to back up his reasoning.

What's equating the Orlando tragedy have to do with anything on an Orioles messageboard?

And true. Any time anyone dare say anything bad about Duquette you're bombarded with "OMG BUT WE HAVEN'T HAD A LOSING RECORD" as if it's a black and white, cut and dry situation.

Great, we've had four years above .500. How many World Series have we won? Zero. Failure. There's more to competence as a GM than team record. Our scouting is terrible. Our player development is horrid. He has zero regard for the future of the franchise past the end of his tenure. For every good trade he's made, there's several poor ones. He's more concerned with making people think he's smarter than anyone than just doing what's best for the team. If status quo remains, he'll have ruined the future of this team almost as much as Syd Thrift did.

If we win a World Series I don't care if we ever win another game again and will give him a pass for giving me that moment, but as long as we're still chasing one he's considered a negligent failure.

Wait, so he's a failure?

Sure, DD hasn't done some things well but he's done a lot of good things, too. I'd hardly call him a "negligent failure," that seems really strong and harsh.

You've got Drungo on your blocked list? The hell for? Sure he's condescending as hell but he's very fair and usually uses facts and logic to back up his reasoning.

What's equating the Orlando tragedy have to do with anything on an Orioles messageboard?

I don't think Drungo acts condescending at all.

I don't think he is equating anything to what happened in Orlando, I think he is just posting that like he would a sig line.

Trade Schoop and you can forget a Manny extention. They are best friends. That very topic was discussed on 105.7 The Fan. They all said that same thing.

I think that while they would love to continue playing together it is first and foremost about the money.

Archived