Gausman is beginning to remind me of Guthrie

Frobby

I just didn't want to see you go through what I would consider pure hell doing all that tedious work for to accomplish nothing but giving yourself a headache. You couldn't pay me $100 an hour to go through all that! Then some of you really seem so serous and almost angry in an obsessive manner when the more average Joe fan like myself just can't relate taking baseball so serious unless you are getting paid well for doing all that hard tedious and difficult work which really for a casual fan just seems out there,

When I say seems out there I mean getting so mad and so deadly serious about this!!!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I say seems out there I mean getting so mad and so deadly serious about this!!!

What's wrong with that though really? Other people dig up the stats so you don't have to go through all the things you consider tedious. It's obviously not tedious for the people that do it or they wouldn't do it at all. It's

one thing to not be able to relate and quite another to go out of your way to tell them how much time they are wasting doing it. That's what is being taken "deadly serious" here that being your declaration to everyone

who enjoys stats and analysis to some degree that their enjoyment of that is a waste of time and completely worthless. Surely, you can see why you'd get some push back from that. ;)

What's wrong with that though really? Other people dig up the stats so you don't have to go through all the things you consider tedious. It's obviously not tedious for the people that do it or they wouldn't do it at all. It's

one thing to not be able to relate and quite another to go out of your way to tell them how much time they are wasting doing it. That's what is being taken "deadly serious" here that being your declaration to everyone

who enjoys stats and analysis to some degree that their enjoyment of that is a waste of time and completely worthless. Surely, you can see why you'd get some push back from that. ;)

Well it just irritates me when I see a nice thread by someone ( in this case Frobby) stating that Gausman reminds him of Guthrie ( which to me is so clearly obvious it isn't funny) and you get someone who has to have stats analysis to prove it. I could understand it a bit if a fan had never seen Guthrie but otherwise I don't get asking for stats at all.

Well it just irritates me when I see a nice thread by someone ( in this case Frobby) stating that Gausman reminds him of Guthrie ( which to me is so clearly obvious it isn't funny) and you get someone who has to have stats analysis to prove it. I could understand it a bit if a fan had never seen Guthrie but otherwise I don't get asking for stats at all.

In fact unless someone had never watched Guthrie much as an Oriole and/or Gausman I actually find it a bit disrespectful if not just unwarranted at all.

He stated a thesis (Gausman, like Guthrie, pitches "just well enough to not win"). He, and others, provided some evidence to back the theory, like ERA and OPS in certain situations. I provided counterarguments and counter evidence. I'm stunned that anyone finds this in any way out of the ordinary. Even Frobby, if I could speak for him, seems to find this acceptable even if he disagrees with me.

We can sit around and talk about how you or I feel about players, but that would probably never change anyone's opinion, since feelings are pretty difficult to argue.

He stated a thesis (Gausman, like Guthrie, pitches "just well enough to not win"). He, and others, provided some evidence to back the theory, like ERA and OPS in certain situations. I provided counterarguments and counter evidence. I'm stunned that anyone finds this in any way out of the ordinary. Even Frobby, if I could speak for him, seems to find this acceptable even if he disagrees with me.

We can sit around and talk about how you or I feel about players, but that would probably never change anyone's opinion, since feelings are pretty difficult to argue.

True about feelings for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

He's pretty much gotten a pass for the lack of run support he receives. In my opinion, from what I have seen from him, it doesn't matter what kind of run support he received. He's going to give up just enough runs to lose more times than not. In other words, if they score five, he'll give up at least six. If they score three, he'll give up at least four.

Today's his second blown lead in a row. Just saying.

Gausman has Jeremy Guthrie syndrome. At some point that goes beyond coincidence and ventures into the "he's not a winner" camp. Extremely disappointing that he can't seem to hold a lead.

He's pretty much gotten a pass for the lack of run support he receives. In my opinion, from what I have seen from him, it doesn't matter what kind of run support he received. He's going to give up just enough runs to lose more times than not. In other words, if they score five, he'll give up at least six. If they score three, he'll give up at least four.

We already have:

Gausman is Beginning to Remind Me of Guthrie

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/153417-Gausman-is-beginning-to-remind-me-of-Guthrie

I realize that you're "just saying," but what workable action do you suggest off this observation? He's the clubs second best starter pretty easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, he's the second best starter on a mediocre staff. What's that saying?

Adam should have caught that.

Archived