Gausman is beginning to remind me of Guthrie

Frobby

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's pretty much gotten a pass for the lack of run support he receives. In my opinion, from what I have seen from him, it doesn't matter what kind of run support he received. He's going to give up just enough runs to lose more times than not. In other words, if they score five, he'll give up at least six. If they score three, he'll give up at least four.

Today's his second blown lead in a row. Just saying.

Was thinking the same. It's hard to decipher what is him and what is the organization. Our failures with starting pitching minus Tillman are epic.

If Tillman gets hurt...oh brotha....

If gausman is such the poor pitcher you seem to think he is, why would another GM value him as part of a deal for a "legit ace?"

We didn't say "Gausman straight up for an ace." He's still young and throws in the high 90's. He definitely has some value to a team that's out of it.

Probably too much to make it work. I'm not sure how much other teams value Gausman right now. And we'd be selling low.

He throws harder and is younger than both but realistically he doesn't bring much more to a game than Bud Norris or Miguel Gonzales both who the Orioles let go for nothing. Id say be lucky to get a low minor decent prospect for him right now. But what do I know. Probably the Cubs could turn him into an ace!

Archived